Author Topic: EASY when travelling - how to cope?  (Read 740 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:46:22 am »
Dears, quick question to you, if anyone has any experience.

We are going for 1week holidays to Turkey soon. DS will be 10wo when starting and 11wo when coming back. During day we follow normal 3h EASY routine starting from 7:00/7:30 and BT at 7:00/7:30. We just received time of flights and they are horrendous... or maybe good for a LO?

We have flight at 6:45am, it means be at the airport at 4:45. It's just a middle of the night for DS... And we are coming back with a flight at 4:45 so also when DS will be sleeping/ should be sleeping... During nights, he always sleeps in his cot and now we will have to have him in a pram... or in our arms?

How haw you managed to survive a travel like that? What should I do to comfort my LO as much as I can? Will this small change in routine be fine for him and he will be able to come back to a normal routine after couple of days?

Any experience & advice are welcome! Thanks!

~Marta

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:56:00 am »
My best advice is to go with the flow.  Baby does quite well on planes because the noise is soothing like white noise.  Just to make sure he gets something to suck on (bottle or BF is good) on take off and landing to prevent ear ache. 
Is your pram a flat bed?  Is it possible to get a travel cot from the hotel?  You can just lay down towels on the floor and let him sleep on it and make sure that there is no risk for suffocation.
Remember to bring some beddings with his smell from his cot. 
Don't forget to enjoy yourself.  I wish I did when DS was that young.  It was the easiest time to get back on track (without teething in the picture, etc).

Have fun!! :-*

Offline Florena49

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »
Absolutely, go with the flow, u will be surprised how quickly they adapt, we have been travelling back and forth between UK and Estonia since LO was 2.5 month, flight time is 3 hours and time of flights is just ridiculous time in am, plus the two hours time difference.... Yes it takes a day or two to get back on track, the hardest part for me was to lodge him around at the airport in the sling tbh, he is a heavy boy and i traveled on my own. In terms of sleep as long as he slept at some point thats all that mattered really. We had to get him up at 4.30am, goodness he didnt want to get up at all, got dressed etc, then slept a bit in te car on the way to the airport, nappy change and BF at the airport and off we went.
We dont really use a dummy but i do take one on a dummy clip when we fly so he can suck on something.

Have fun!
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015