Author Topic: How to get daytime feeds consistent?  (Read 598 times)

Offline MomforAidan

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How to get daytime feeds consistent?
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:47:31 am »
Hi, one problem I have is every day is different for me depending on when his first real morning feed is. Ideally I would like the evening to be Eat at 4pm, 7pm, 8/8:30p bedtime, and a dream feed at 10/10:30pm. However this does not always work out b/c of the times he feeds in the morning. I was wondering if I should alter the other feeds during the day to try to get to these times by evening or what? Because sometimes like tonight his feeds worked out to 3pm, 6pm, then he went to bed at just after 7pm, and I did the dream feed at 9:45p just cause I didn't want to wait any longer. He didn't feed as long as normal though so we'll see how the night will be.....

Is there a certain amount of time that goes by before a dream feed is too late? Cause it seems sometimes if it is too late or too early he will not eat as much as normal then he wakes earlier in the night. He is breatfeed by the way.

If I dreamfeed at just after 10pm, he usually wakes to feed at around 3am, then again around 6/6:30a, but I have had a couple nights where he has stirred at 3am but fallen back asleep then fed at 5am, then again at 7:30a or so. I wish this would happen everynight so I'm trying to keep every day consistent but it's so hard because he usually cannot go more than 3 hrs during the day so I kind of have to feed on demand but still watching the clock to make it's at least been 2 1/2 hrs or so so I know he's really hungry.

Any tips would be great on how to make my days more consistent.

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: How to get daytime feeds consistent?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 21:37:47 pm »
How old is your DS?

Can you post a routine of what a typical day looks like so that we can have a look at it i.e. E - how long, A, S - including your windown routine.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007