Author Topic: 3mo on EASY  (Read 766 times)

Offline V1n4

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 12, 2014, 00:54:58 am »
Hi,

I am a new mum to a 3 month old baby girl. I have so many questions i'm not sure where to start.

I just started her with EASY 2 weeks ago and it went smoothly (she was 2mo and 3 weeks). However starting from several days ago she seems very fussy everytime she's going for a nap like she's fighting it. I did keep exactly the same A time from when i started the routine. She is also wake up frequently at night like 5-6 times (this vary from day to day). Then i tjought maybe it's growth spurt so i give feed her whenever she seems hungry during the day and that messes up my EASY routine.

My question is how do i know she's done with growth spurt so i can go back to the routine? How do i even know she has growth spurt? I am BF and carrying her is the prop (i know it's bad but it's the only way to get her to sleep). Her wake time in the morning also vary. Sometimes she wakes up at 5 and doesnt wanna sleep until 6, then i have to change all the nap times for that day. Is it how i suppose to do it with different wake time?

Thanks

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 3mo on EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 13:32:35 pm »
Do you think she might need a touch more A time now?  Do you want to post her routine for us?

Growth spurts should only last a few days - if the wakings persist longer than that I would consider either routine-related issues or possibly something like discomfort waking her.  Does she have reflux/gas problems or is she teething yet? 

Independent sleep should also help her have more settled nights.  There is some great info here: Starting EASY - all you need to know and more! and especially here: Teaching Sleep to Babies of 3-5 months (and the 45 min nap) and here: Shush-pat - How to

Hope that helps to begin with :)