Author Topic: 3 hr to 4 hr EASY transition according to BW solves all your problems  (Read 658 times)

Offline Haylam_e

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 4

I am about to transition my lo 3 hr easy to 4 hr. I have read the BW solves all your problems and there is a table with EASY to smoothly transition to the 4 hr easy in chapter 6 section "old day's to solve sleep problems at night".
The first days 1-3 and 4-7 are fairly clear. But 8-11 is somewhat confusing where the S time is e.g 12.30 (1 3/4hr) but E time is at 1.45. If lo sleeps 1 3/4 hr he would wake up 2.15 which is 30 min after E time.

Anyone has any suggestions on what to do here? Should I let lo sleep and push the routine 30 min for the rest of the day??
Thanks

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 3 hr to 4 hr EASY transition according to BW solves all your problems
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 13:36:38 pm »
Hi there, you're not the first to question this! 

There are a few typos/confusing bits in the book.  You might find this link helpful: 3-4hr EASY Transition – In 5 Minute Increments

Overall doing the transition 'by the book' can be a bit rigid though.  What you should focus on is getting the right A times so that LO takes a good nap of 1.5h or more (some babies will never do 2h naps - I had one of those!) and don't worry too much if that means at some points you have 3h15 between feeds and at others 3h45.  If you're sticking to an EAS pattern you're doing great :)

Offline Haylam_e

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: 3 hr to 4 hr EASY transition according to BW solves all your problems
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 14:12:38 pm »
Thank you so much! Then I suppose I'm doing something right at least :)