Author Topic: EASY for adopted 11 month old  (Read 4262 times)

Offline radmer22

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 03:32:56 am »
Yes, he is a very big eater. For example, he takes 32 oz. of milk AND eats as much as my three year old girl. He has rolls on his thighs, but is extremely strong.  I don't give him snacks though, so I could reduce milk in favor of snacks. He's pretty milk addicted. Just getting him on a schedule/routine of drinking in sittings vs. all through the day whenever he fussed, etc. is a big accomplishment. He recently swapped from formula to milk, so I suppose it's a good time to continue by reducing the milk.

You know, as we write, I'm realizing that we've come a LONG way in three months. A LONG way. I might still be exhausted and up multiple times a night with a 13M old, but...it's not what it was.

Yes, I know the not having a bottle constantly popped in his mouth is a big adjustment. I also know I'm extremely tired and really need him to start to sleep. I think I'm going to teach him how to find the bottle of water in his bed. Maybe he'll wake up, look for it, and go to sleep w/o waking me up to give it to him.

He is now at a nap of 1.5 hours and a catnap of 20-45 minutes, depending on how late in the evening it is. (So a later morning wake up means a very short catnap to get him to bed a tad earlier.)  This morning, he woke up at 6:45 for his milk instead of 5:30. Not sure if it's a fluke or a new habit, but I sure appreciated the sleep!!

I did read the biting link info.

THANKS!!!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: EASY for adopted 11 month old
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39:27 am »
Yes you guys have come a long way :D those naps sound ideal for his age so hopefully the later wake up isn't a fluke and will continue.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline radmer22

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 14:29:18 pm »
He is keeping the later wake up! Yeah! Still getting up around that 3am time wanting me to give him a bottle of water. Any thoughts?  I thought about just giving in and teaching him to find it, but then he was really soaking through night time diapers. So, back to only a couple ounces. Should I just reduce the water an ounce every three days? Seems like last time I did that he was waking more through the night, but maybe it would work now???

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: EASY for adopted 11 month old
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 15:13:40 pm »
I would definitely leave a drink of water in the cot and teach him to find it. That way you know if he really needs a drink or if he just wants company. Both my boys and my DH have water overnight. dS2 is still in a nappy overnight but not overly wet. And DS1 and DH (of course) are dry at night. Once he starts concentrating his wee he will be able to drink at night if he so wishes without needing the loo. My boys have it in a sports sippy that doesn't leak and can roll around the bed although we leave it in a place they can find it easily (beside their pillow).

So happy he kept the later wake up. Is the NW alway 3am? If so you could try wake to sleep at 2ish.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 15:50:29 pm »
Put the bottle between the mattress and crib rail, then he'll know just where to look for it when he wakes up.