Author Topic: is it enough milk?  (Read 844 times)

Offline xiuxiu

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
is it enough milk?
« on: April 13, 2006, 19:20:40 pm »
hi all, I have a 7 wk old that just started EASY yesterday.
I just noticed from my log that she only breastfeed for about 10-15 min feeding time.  She only eats from 1 breast.
Then after about 30 min activity, she started to get fussy and rooting for my arm.  I gave her pacifier until she falls asleep.
Before starting on EASY, I usually nurse her again before she sleeps if she was rooting (but sometimes she rejects the breast).
So, does she get enough milk from the feeding time?  Is she a snacker or she just used to be nursed before she sleeps?  Is it ok to give paci until she falls asleep, because I couldn't get her to wind down without the paci.

Thanks

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: is it enough milk?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 20:23:32 pm »
xiuxiu,
How many feeds is she getting?  Both my daughters were "super suckers" and were done eating within 10 minutes, tops!  As long as she's happy and gaining weight, I wouldn't concern yourself with the length of feeding.   At her age she shoud be lasting 2.5-3 hours between feeds.  It is fine to give the paci to calm her.
Hope that helps
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline xiuxiu

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 21:44:57 pm »
She usually last 2-3 hours between feedings.  She lasted 2.5-3 hours when she was 3-4 weeks, but these past few weeks more towards 2-2.5 hours between feedings.
why does she goes backwards? 

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 23:52:11 pm »
Can you tell me what her daily routine looks like (with times)?  She may have started a gorwth spurt, where they eat all the time for a couple days and then ease back into their old routine.  How long are her naps?  How does she do overnight?  What did she weigh at birth?  What does she weigh now?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to pinpoint what might be going on.
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months