Author Topic: Always 30 - 40min naps  (Read 2806 times)

Offline mrswalsh

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • First time mum to Billy
Re: Always 30 - 40min naps
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 12:22:14 pm »
thanks again your advice really is a great help.  Hugs back to you and I will keep you updated with progess.  He is in bed now for his pm, he can't make to 1.30 so I will let him have this nap and then he made need another before 3pm feed.

Take care :)

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 15:37:02 pm »
Hi,
I also had the 30 - 40 minute napper, but mine at 6 months stopped sleeping thru the night after getting a cold.  I am currently working on getting back on easy and extending nap times to help night sleep.  I found that the wake to sleep didn't work for me (IE putting soother back in), so instead I go back in at 30 minute mark and make sure she gets thru past the 40 minute mark with pat/sshh or just holding my hand there.  After 1 day my 1st night was much better than any I've seen for a long time.  She actually had 2 1.5 hour naps and slept for 5 hours b4 she woke last night.  It's a little more work but seems to be worth it.
tinytatsmom

Offline mrswalsh

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 21:36:09 pm »
Corrina

Thought I would update you - my back had gotten to the stage where it was sooooo bad I couldn't be bending over the cot to Shh pat or to hold through the jolts, but what appears to have happened is my ds wakes at the 45 min mark and does his mantra cry for somewhere between 5 and 15 mins whereafter he puts himself back to sleep for a further 45 - 50 mins!!!  He only manages this for the am nap, the pm nap is impossible he has anywhere between 30 and 40 mins and won't go back off in the cot but will sleep on me if I get him up.  I have conceeded on this one and decided that as he goes down so easily for both naps and is doing so well for the first I either let him sleep on me for a further half hour pm or go for a walk in the pram once he has woken.

It is definitely a mantra cry, I was concerned at first that I was resorting to CIO so I went to his room and observed this shout/cry during which he would stop occasionally and smile to himself, get comfy and look at his toys. It always sounds worse through those damned monitors!

We are also struggling with the pm catnap - he screams uncontrollably before this one for all of around 5mins whilst I shhh pat him , his eyes roll into the back of his head and then finally he goes off.

I am slightly worried that I am not doing everything perfect but hey, he goes to sleep independently for his am and pm nap and goes to sleep independently at night and sleeps through so perhaps I am wishing for too much!

Thanks for all your advice though. :)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 21:20:54 pm »
Wow, you have really gotten somewhere, well done.   ;D

You have gotten to him sleep independately that is more than half the battle over.  He will learn to go through his sleep cycles and have more sleep.

You have done really well.

Hope your back gets better soon.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline mrswalsh

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 13:01:11 pm »
OMG - he went 2 hours this am and I had to wake him for his feed!!!!!!  I brought some blackout liners so perhaps his room wasn't dark enough?  Anyway, won't count my chickens and all that as it is only one nap but I am hopeful this may be a turning point. ;D

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 09:48:18 am »
Just to say well done.  It is lovely when they take 2hr naps.  ;D
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel