Author Topic: Help with evenings  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Redjelly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 22, 2005, 09:00:43 am »
Hi,

I have a 6 week old DD, who has been on easy since we came home. Given how young she is, I accept that it's a bit all over the shop & that it changes day to day. The thing that worked great with DD1 (18 months now) is the whole vening thing.

I would always feed around 5, bath around 6, another feed around 6:30 & in bed by 7pm, dream feed at 10....

Started this with DD2 & it was working nicely. She would go to about 3 - 4am after dream feed.

Well things have gotten off track cause she WILL NOT sleep after 3pm... so any feed after 3pm... she is then awake until after the bath, which I can't wait until 6 for as she just passes out on the boob afterwards.

I never had this problem with DD1, she was a catnapper, but would always go down. I have tried the pram, the sling, the cot etc etc.... arrgghhhhh

Partly I am to blame as I guess she is overtired as we have so much on (Xmas is a bad time to be a newborn), but does anyone have any ideas on how I can get her to nap after 3 so that she is more alert & brighter at around 6pm, so that she feeds properly then?

She still sleeps until her dreamfeed, but that now is her "big sleep" rather than the one after the dreamfeed, if that makes sense.

If you got this far, thanks. If you have any advice - awesome!

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Help with evenings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 22:04:24 pm »
How long is she awake for during the day?

Offline Redjelly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:14:04 am »
I aim for 45 minutes. But with a 18 month in tow it can blow out to an hour

Today the 7:45 nap, the 10:30 nap, all fine, wrap, shhssh a little, walk out, baby sleeps for 1 - 2 hours... .from then on though it was a nightmare, until once again she passed out at 7pm.. maybe she is just a very awake baby?

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Help with evenings
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 20:23:54 pm »
Gosh, I feel so bad for you as I was in the exact same spot you were in. Well we know that your lo is clearly overtired that is a given, but the real question is how do we "fix" that? Hmmm. What are her activites after her last nap? Is she overstimulated? I have learned that Gage's evening have got to be mellow or else it is bad news. That means no fantsy toys, over the top "Koochy Coo" as I am addicted to, or lots of activity in the living room (lots of people, tv., music, lights etc.,). If i think it might be too crazy, I will just hang out with him in bedroom for awhile.