Author Topic: 10 months old and 530 ew are back  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 14:24:08 pm »
Oh is it bad I cap both naps? I used to let her nap 930-1130 but now that she isn't napping till 10 of she slept till noon I don't know if she would be ready to nap 3-4. Yk?

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 10 months old and 530 ew are back
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 19:10:18 pm »
Just noticed we started a wonder week and cutting another tooth. Ugh!
Ugh is right!  Hope the night went ok for you...

Oh is it bad I cap both naps? I used to let her nap 930-1130 but now that she isn't napping till 10 of she slept till noon I don't know if she would be ready to nap 3-4. Yk?
It's up to you.  I actually noticed that in your EASY, but forgot to comment so I'm glad you asked.  I would probably let her sleep the two hrs in the morning and then do a pm nap when it works (it's possible she's gotten a bit OT in the last week or so by you cutting both naps, not to mention the WW and teething).  Depending on how you want the day to go, you might have to cap the pm nap more to get a better night.

So, you could do...
Wake 6:30am
Nap 1 10-12pm
Nap 2 3:30-4:30 (or 3:30-4:15pm)
BT 7:30pm (or 7pm)

I know set naps worked very well for you and it's hard to let that go, but from the beginning of the 2-1, it really only makes sense to have that first nap 'set' and then do what you need to for the rest of the day, iyswim.  By letting her still sleep the full 2hr in the morning, it should be easier to eventually push out and get to one nap.  What do you think?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 22:30:26 pm »
I wondered about the ot from both naps being capped. She napped almost 2 hrs this morning with no issue. She is independent sleeper at night, ew and am naps but needs to be rocked for the pm nap to drowsy. Always been this way so nothing new. I just tried for 30 min to get her down. I put her down and she just starts screaming and then stands up. I don't understand. She seemed tired way earlier than normal but I tried to stick to our routine. I picked her up and tried to ap she just kept staring with saucer eyes at me. Ot? We pushed out our set naps right before she got sick so I think cuz she was sick she just crashed thru the naps and now it's biting us in the rear lol!

Do I go back to our 930 and 230 which was working and see if that works again? I pushed back cuz we were getting ew. I could cap the pm nap at an hour and pull bt to 7.

I'm so frustrated right now. I know ww don't help but it seems this one is way worse then any other.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 15:28:52 pm »
One more question. Can I let her sleep longer than 2 hrs for the am nap? Months ago when we did the 3-2 we had some 2.5 hr naps so just wondering. I guess the only thing I see is that it might mean she won't nap at all in the pm.

I'm so frustrated. My anxiety is so high. Things were going so well. I don't know if the crying at nap is ut or ot. I know there is teething too. I guess a combo of all this stuff.

She was in bed at 7 cried out but ss at 4 am then babbling 5-530. At 530 I went I and sat with her in the rocker till 630 she passed out right away so def ot.

Thanks for your support.

Offline katie80

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:17 am »
She napped almost 2 hrs this morning with no issue. She is independent sleeper at night, ew and am naps but needs to be rocked for the pm nap to drowsy. Always been this way so nothing new. I just tried for 30 min to get her down. I put her down and she just starts screaming and then stands up. I don't understand. She seemed tired way earlier than normal but I tried to stick to our routine. I picked her up and tried to ap she just kept staring with saucer eyes at me. Ot?
What did the EASY look like for this day?  It could be that she's still a bit more tired from being ill or it could be the teething or WW throwing things off.  I wouldn't think it was OT after a 2hr nap in the morning as she was going down fine when you cut the morning nap to 1.5hr, but I could be wrong.

Do I go back to our 930 and 230 which was working and see if that works again?
I wouldn't, but you know her best, if you feel like this is what she needs then you can try it.

Can I let her sleep longer than 2 hrs for the am nap? Months ago when we did the 3-2 we had some 2.5 hr naps so just wondering. I guess the only thing I see is that it might mean she won't nap at all in the pm.
Yeah, I would be a bit nervous about her sleeping for the pm nap as well.  You could do 2:15, as that is 3 sleep cycles, but I wouldn't let it go past that.  Do you have a way to APOP her in the pm if she refuses, i.e. 30min in the stroller or car just to get her to BT?

I'm so frustrated. My anxiety is so high. Things were going so well. I don't know if the crying at nap is ut or ot. I know there is teething too. I guess a combo of all this stuff.
Yes, I think it's probably a combo of all of that.  Are you trying meds at all for the teeth?  I'm sorry you're anxious about all of this.  I've been there many a time with naps and it's not fun. :(  (((Hugs)))

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 13:26:22 pm »
I think the other day was teeth as when she woke yesterday another one cut and it looks like something is happening at the bottom. She went down fine for both naps yesterday but my hubby forgot to wake early from her pm nap so she had 3 hrs of day sleep. She woke at 530 and is babbling away for almost an hour. I hate ew. Only 10 hr of night sleep and then it messes with naps too! I am so torn on what to do. As now that I think those few days were teething I wonder if she can handle 2 cap naps or what. I really had to rock her yesterday to get her to nap in the afternoon after a 2 hr am nap so I will not let it go longer than that.

I don't want her to nap before 930 but this will be 4 hrs of awake time on a 10 hr night.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 14:16:58 pm »
Sorry I'm confused with the ew. We went through this 3 months ago and now it seems like forever ago. When she ew and babbles for a few then goes back asleep that's great but now we r getting 30 min - 1 hr wake ups so this morning 530-630 which she just is happy babbling in. Then she immediately falls back asleep in the rocker or in my bed. So are these ot ew or are they ut but cuz she only slept 10 hrs she wants back to sleep??

Offline katie80

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 04:07:56 am »
So are these ot ew or are they ut but cuz she only slept 10 hrs she wants back to sleep??
I think they are UT, but yes she ends up going back to sleep because it was only a 10hr night.  The babbling EW is a classic sign of UT.  She'd be pretty upset, I think if it was OT.  It could also be the teeth though.  Have you ever tried a dream med at around 3am to see if that helps her sleep through?

As now that I think those few days were teething I wonder if she can handle 2 cap naps or what. I really had to rock her yesterday to get her to nap in the afternoon after a 2 hr am nap so I will not let it go longer than that.
See what happens the next few days to a week and as the teeth push through the gums.  It's really up to you, but I'd rather have the pm nap be a bit later and shorter than to cap both naps.  You need to do what works best for you, though.

(((Hugs))), EW are the pits!

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 13:26:38 pm »
Ok we will just keep surviving. Last night she woke at 830,2 and 5 and is now up at 6 so we will see what today brings. Yesterday she napped 10-1130 might have been earlier as she is a quiet waker from this nap then I attempted a nap at 3 so she was aslee at 3 as I have to rock her for this nap then put her I the crib. Put down totally asleep then she stood up and cried so I then decided to ap a nap in the rocking chair ams she just kept starring at me and would not close her eyes till 320!!! I let sleep till 410 then 730 bt. I am sure she is teething but I also know that the hr after bt is an ot thing. I'm just confused if the afternoon nap needs to early or later. Like is she ot or ut?? I guess cuz I don't really have a times to go by due to the set naps. I really would like to push this am nap out but if she ew how do I do?

Offline katie80

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 18:34:50 pm »
I am sure she is teething but I also know that the hr after bt is an ot thing.
Yes, I would say after your day yesterday, I would've done BT at about 7ish.

Like is she ot or ut?? I guess cuz I don't really have a times to go by due to the set naps.
It's really hard to know.  I actually wonder if it's just the teeth and her still getting used to the new times (as it can take a week or so to adjust).  It's strange that she was totally asleep when you put her down, but then stood up and cried.  My guess would be a tad OT because of all that's going on, but if you're going with set times, then I'd hold to it for a few more days before changing anything.  I still think an earlier BT and longer night is the key to helping with the EW, esp as the teeth are pushing through.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 20:51:12 pm »
Yes it's really confusing. She woke at 6 but out of crib at 630. I put her down at 10 and she slept till 1140 so I really thinking that the pm nap needs to be like you had mention 315/330. We will see what happens this afternoon

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 13:50:31 pm »
Yesterday was
Wu 6 out of crib 630
S 10-1142
S attempted for 310 but was messing around trying to stand etc ap a nap 320-405 in rocker
Bed 710 stood up and mantra for a couple mins then laid down

Not a peep till a few babbles at 5 then lots of coughing at 545 and then crys. Sat in rocker till 630 just wanted to talk and play. Woke up congested tho :(

I think I want to start trying to push the morning nap out further. We have to on Friday as she has a class that runs into nap time so we will see

I'm really frustrated because she can do 11-12 hr nights and this literally changed in a day

Offline katie80

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:40 am »
I think I want to start trying to push the morning nap out further. We have to on Friday as she has a class that runs into nap time so we will see
It will be interesting to see what happens.  I don't know that I would push it yet, as I don't think that's really the issue right now, but I could be wrong.  I'm going to see if I can't get a second opinion here for you, as I've never done set naps and I'm hoping I'm not steering you the wrong way. :-\

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 13:43:30 pm »
Thanks for trying to get another opinion :)

Yesterday was
S 10-11 she woke screaming but I think due to cold and possible teething
S 215-315 didn't know what to do as the am nap is usually close to 2 hrs so she fought like mad and needed a resettle at 3 then slept till 315 woke happy
Bedtime 715

I heard some coughing at 130 but ss then a little bit of babbling at 5 then awake at 610 with a few more babbles and she seems to maybe be waking now at 640 so....obviously she needs less day sleep and a long a to bed which I forgot that we were doing for a period at Xmas which gave us long nights. Lets see what today brings :)

Offline katie80

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 19:36:53 pm »
Well, she could've just been really tired last night, so slept more.  I don't know that one day can tell you much.  I do think you need to keep that 10am nap for now and after a good one, do the pm nap a bit later and cap it so she can sleep a good night. 

obviously she needs less day sleep and a long a to bed which I forgot that we were doing for a period at Xmas which gave us long nights
Was this before the set naps? 

Thanks for trying to get another opinion :)
Sure, I think Ali is giving you one over on EASY and since this is now most likely an EASY issue, this thread will probably be locked.  Good luck, Jenna! :)