Author Topic: Sleeping/Feeding Dilemma  (Read 889 times)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Sleeping/Feeding Dilemma
« on: November 08, 2005, 19:04:08 pm »
Ok, here's our situation.  We were putting our lo down for bed around 7 (after a feed around 4 and 6) and then waking to cluster one more at 8.  She was pretty much out of it at 8, but ate well.  We were DF as close to 11 as possible, sometimes it was earlier b/c she would start to wake.  She would then last until 3:30-4am.
I was looking at Tracey's last book and read a line that said something to the effect of eliminating the 8 o'clock cluster by 8 weeks.  So we tried it.  We now put her down around 7 and we don't hear a peep out of her and DF at 11.  Now she is waking at 2am and we are holding her off as long as possible.  With this arrangement she is getting a solid 6 hours of sleep, but I feel like the feed we eliminated at 8 is going to creep back in if I feed her at 2 (she probably won't make it until 7, right?)
Any ideas?  Should I go back to feeding her at 8, which gives her less continuous sleep (since she wakes for the DF some of the time)?  Should I try 2 DFs, one at 8 the other at 11?
I am breast feeding, but pumping for the DF
THANKS!

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Sleeping/Feeding Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 20:34:11 pm »
i don't remember stopping cluster feeding until jaina was well established into solids!!! (7-8 months)

i think i would keep up the 8pm feed.  sounds like she's doing better with the extra bf.

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy