Author Topic: Advice and support please  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Advice and support please
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 14:04:15 pm »
Well last night was even better. Nathan went to bed at 7:15 and he slept till 1:30am, he woke cause he was durty, I gave him a couple oz of milk to keep him calm while I cleaned him up. He then slept right through till 7:30am.
Kimberly

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 22:21:32 pm »
What are you doing in two weeks?  Fancy coming over to sort DD out as I don't think that it's going to be plain sailing when we get back from hols.  Free accommodation in it for you and I'll chuck in a couple of meals and a glass or two of wine!!!!

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 02:01:39 am »
I'll make sure I pack my magic wand  ;D

where too??  :P
Kimberly

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 12:06:58 pm »
*sigh*

Nathan was up 4 times last night, though I was still able to settle him within 5 minutes each time, it was still tireing though. He ended up with a bottle of milk at 3:30 cause he sounded like his throut was dry, that when he finally slept longer. I do believe that at least on of these wakings is thirst. He just seems to need some water at night. He only had a few oz and he seemed fine with it. He woke at exactly 7am and woke Kayla with his crying. Still its an improvment. He's not needing 27oz of milk at night. You should see this guy eat now LOL he just doesn't stop anymore :)

Still I am very happy he'll not be over on the weekend. I am dead tired. I am tired right to the bone.
Kimberly

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 12:59:59 pm »
Big hugs Kimberly. I hope you get some rest this weekend - you've done such a great job.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 13:14:52 pm »
You're doing a fabulous job - don't we always expect some regression on the third day?  I thought that was the way it often happens.

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 14:35:08 pm »
You deserve a nap, hun!
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 19:35:13 pm »
kimberley, am soo impressed, please come sort T out!! Hugs to u, keep up the great work!

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 23:22:27 pm »
Sounds like normal regression.

Make sure you have some clear guidelines for his Mum for the Weekend, so you aren't back to square one next week. Eg not offering milk before 3am (if that is the earliest he has had it) & how you have been settling him... spend the time (hard to find when you are exhausted) to write out every bit of information you can, give reasons why you do things too... I think we all are better at doing things differently when we understand the reason for change. You may have verbally explained lots of things to her before, but if you write it out & go through it with her, then it might help KWIM... ultimately it isn't about being easier for you (although that is a big factor as she does need to be fair to you after all the effort ) but it  she goes backwards to what she was doing she will be confusing her son & that will ultimately impact other things in the relationship with her son as he needs to know he can trust her KWIM
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 23:40:52 pm »
I do know what you mean. We sat down for a few hours today and went over it all. She's still sceptical because its new, but she's willing to try things my way. Thats the best I can hope for :) We also ajusted the heat in his room (finally figure out how) so maybe now he wont be over heated as much and sleep better.

Both Nathan and Kayla were just miserable today. He had 2 naps like normal, but I could get Kayla down to save my life today, so I am really feeling run down today. Thankfully he'll be going home tomorrow night and I can get some sleep. Thankfully I also know whats up with Kayla, she popped another tooth  ;D it wasn't there yesterday and tonight it is, its her bottom right 1 year molar. She finally has more then 2 teeth on the bottom LOL
Kimberly

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2006, 04:17:27 am »
OMG this is going to be a looooong night.  :-\  its 11:30 and he's been up 4 times since 7, this last time he just isn't settling. He's not really crying, just whining. I even resorted to trying to give him the bottle, but he didn't even want that.. though that might be a good thing :)
I'm just praying that he wont wake Kayla up.
I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight. Make that no sleep  :(
I think he's got a cold :( both this LO's have had runny noses and coughing all day. He seems to be getting worse and I just don't know what to do for him.
Kimberly

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2006, 14:47:52 pm »
Sorry to hear that Kimberly. Do you have a vaporizer? We are currently running a warm mist vaporier with Vapo Steam in Marisa's room as she's teething/has a cold and it works wonders. Big hugs - hope you get some rest this weekend.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 21:53:32 pm »
How did the night turn out?
I agree with Stacy, prime time for regression & if he does have a cold, a vapouriser (should be given to all mothers as they leave the hospital   ;)) can be a life saver.
Is the mum agreeable to some pain meds... not sure what the names are but Paracetamol types help with Liam
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006, 00:11:59 am »
OH no it is deffinitly illness  :'(  both of them

Nathan was up 4 times between 12 and 7 and Kayla was up 3 times between 12-7. I did try a bottle with water and on the up side he wouldn't take it and went to sleep each time without it. Unfortunitly nobody slept well last night. Soon as I got one settled the other woke up, I got maybe an hour of sleep. Tonight its just Kayla. Nathan is gone home untill Monday.

So we'll try again next week.
Kimberly

binxyboo

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2006, 00:52:09 am »
Hope you get some rest tonight. Maybe something was in the air last night. Riley had a terrible night too, up and down like a Jack in the Box.