Author Topic: 16 Month Old Overtired - Update - Need Help  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: 16 Month Old Overtired - Update - Need Help
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 19:34:55 pm »
Thanks everyone - you guys rock. Turns out that she has a pretty nasty virus and also an ear infection now (and possible a "sinus" infection) so just started meds and hopefully she'll be better soon. Her fever started last night and she's vomiting mucuos/nasal fluids/drip a few times now since yesterday morning and cough is a bit worse.

She hasn't eaten ANYTHING yesterday or today save for 1/4 a blueberry whole grain waffle this morning. Barely drinking either so trying to keep her hydrated now. She's lost 8 ounces since her shots 4.5 weeks ago (been sick since then) too. Once she gets better we'll figure the whole sleeping issue out I think. Don't want to go blackout shade route unless necessary as they totally freaked her out last time and she just then stared at the night light. We likely will phase out the TV at night and only use it in small doses during the day (generally 10 minutes before lunch and same before dinner while I prepare things - otherwise she's into everything).

Stacy - I had thought the same about the iron and in fact my doctor switched her to a multi-vitamin with iron as she's not eating any meat or green veggies. But likely the dark circles are mostly from the sinus congestion. Don't think she'd touch the jello type food personally - but you never know.

Michelle, hope Riley feels better soon!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

binxyboo

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 19:42:09 pm »
Poor Marisa!

What vitamin do you give her?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 19:52:36 pm »
Tri-visol with iron...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:09 am »
Marisa, some TV is better than others I know that both my boys love SPOT books & Videos ( they were their big Sis's (17)) & I think they are much better than something like seasame Street as they are white background & simple single colour animals... The TV (like books) that has lots of busy stuff going on & looks like real life is peak stimulation...

Our Librarian actually told a mother recently when she said her (I think about 15mo - only recently walking) DD wouldn't sit still for reading, that if you find the right books it is a rare child that won't be interested.... he gave her a selection & 2 weeks later the Mum was telling how she'd a "type" her dd liked... I certainly know that there are books that interest my boys more than others & they have been different between the 2. Liam actually likes books that most would say are for preschoolers (take 3-5 mins to read the story), but they can't have "merged" colours & have to have "numbers" at the bottom of the page. Aiden at the same age, wanted more simple lift the flap/ ryhme type books
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 14:12:30 pm »
Oh Marisa LOVES books and we read a ton of them too.

So she seems to be starting to feel better from the antibiotic, knock wood, and slept last night from 8pm-7:15am but DH and I both got food poisoning and were up sick all night. Ugh - couldn't make this up if I tried.

Offline Diegos Mama

• Showing Appreciation 176
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 17:18:32 pm »
Oh my gosh, Marisa, you poor, poor things! *hugs*

Glad your babe slept better at least.  Feel better soon.
Laura

binxyboo

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 17:20:55 pm »
Oh no, it never rains but it pours.

Glad that Marisa slept well though :D

Offline annas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 45
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 20:14:28 pm »
Huge ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) to you all

Clare

Mum to Anna 3 yrs and Nathan 15 months

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 21:53:06 pm »
Thanks guys. So it wasn't food poisoning but a stomach virus - Marisa must have had it first in addition to the ear/sinus infection (hence the vomiting Saturday). DH and I got it really bad, so did FIL and BIL. SIL is nauseous too. Marisa seems to be getting better - still not eating and barely drinking but sleeping better and happier. Only problem is that she now has diarrhea from the antibiotic...

andibig

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 22:33:14 pm »
Karen
Hope you are all feeling better soon
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 23:08:25 pm »
We celebrate Hanukkah, which is right now, actually  :-[