Author Topic: PLEASE!!! Need help for 14 month old  (Read 846 times)

Offline Jacksmom77

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
PLEASE!!! Need help for 14 month old
« on: December 18, 2006, 19:50:37 pm »
Hopefully my lo is not too old for me to post this on this board - I realllly need help before I go bury myself in the hole I dug for myself in the backyard, back when my lo was 3 months old!

I am having another in 3 1/2 months & HAD to move Jack, my 14 month old into a different room.  Obviously I knew there would be a transition period and he would most likely have some difficulties with this - but I did the transition slowly, moving his toys and items into the room and letting him play in there into we finally had to make the move (about 1 1/2 months).  It's been about a week - and our normal routine was this:

bath; pjs, teeth brushed, diaper; say night night to house & dogs etc; turn on music & nightlight, turn off main light, get into papasan, give bottle while reading Goodnight Moon - he finishes bottle, we cuddle for about 5-10 minutes more, then into his crib...no problem

ROUTINE THIS PAST WEEK ;(

exact same as above but, once we get to the turning off light & NEAR the papasan he starts to FREAK OUT! He gets really figity, wont sit still, struggles & wriggles to get out of my lap - wont drink his milk & want to run around.  I've done a few things - I tried to get him to stay in the papasan for a few nights &  get him to relax, no way! I let him run around like he wanted to - to see if he aws trying to get something - he just wanted to play, check stuff out - one night, I just put him in his crib - he fell asleep. The next, when he freaked out, I did the same thing - he cried (with me doing wi/wo) for about 45 minutes. 

I have no idea what to do - I dont want to change his routine because he's most likely acting out because of the change in room - but how do you force a child to sit still & relax? I dont think you can!
I'm at a loss and generally end up crying every night because I miss cuddling with my baby (did I mention I'm pregnant & hormonal?). 

Suggestions, PLEASE!!!!!! Has anyone else had problems like these & if so, what helped? Thanks!
Brandi

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: PLEASE!!! Need help for 14 month old
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 21:28:34 pm »
Hey there I am going to move this over to sleeping for toddlers for you. ;D

Offline ErinGP

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:59:53 am »
We just went through the same thing with my ds (12 months). Our routine is pretty much the same as yours, but instead of reading while giving the bottle we watch babytv at a very low volume. For a few nights, he just started wriggling and trying to get off my lap to go play with his toys, but I knew he was tired. I still don't know what the problem was, but for a few nights after struggling to give him his bottle I would turn off all the lights and walk with him for a few minutes until he calmed down. Most of the time he feel asleep or nearly asleep on my shoulder within 10 minutes, and then went down fine. Now we're back to the old routine and it's working OK again.