Author Topic: samples schedules for 6mo starting solids?  (Read 722 times)

Offline momo24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
samples schedules for 6mo starting solids?
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:56:25 am »
Hi, bub will be 6months in a few weeks which is when we'll be starting solids. At the moment his routine is

E-10am
A-10:15
S-12pm
E-2pm
A-2:15
S-4pm
E-6pm
A-6:15
S-8pm
E-10pm

When we move onto 6mo. I'm planning to cut out his 3rd nap and leave everything the same. Is that what some of you did?
He hasn't really established the 4hr routine very well though. He started sleeping 11-12 hours from week 12 but has had 4weeks of 4month regression people say?
I'm not sure whether I need to change anything. Is starting solids and cutting down a nap at the same time too much?
How do you know when your bub doesn't need as much sleep? say, for the 2 hour sleep, he really only needs 1 or 1.5 hrs?
Thank you
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:11:43 pm by momo24 »

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: samples schedules for 6mo starting solids?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 15:50:24 pm »
Hi honey, could you post your EASY for us for the woke day, to include WU time and any NWs so that we can advise you fully.

In answer to your specific question. I wouldn't just cut out a nap cold turkey when he hits 6mo. You wil change things slowly over time extending his A times fairly naturally I would think and this will be easier once he is on solids as LOs tend to have more to occupy them to stay awake for.
~ Naomi ~