Author Topic: 13 month old bottle dropped and everything's wonky  (Read 1252 times)

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
13 month old bottle dropped and everything's wonky
« on: March 15, 2011, 14:37:26 pm »
I'm not sure where to put this. My DS is 13 months old and last week, after encouragement from pedi, I decided to wean his morning bottle and get him to take that milk from a sippy. He is resisting the sippy, although drinking more in the last week than before (still only a few oz. at most, though). The first few days he was fine. After day 3, he started resisting the morning nap. For the last few days he's just so fussy all the time. I think he's crying for the bottle. He swats the sippy away, doesn't really even want solids that much (waffles, crackers, etc).

I'm sure it's a combo of OT b/c of the morning nap wonkiness and also it seems like he's mourning the bottle. :( But I don't want to go backwards. So, I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that this is normal. My older twins were so easy to get off the bottle that I didn't have to do a thing.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 13 month old bottle dropped and everything's wonky
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 15:09:08 pm »
Sounds pretty normal for a toddler. Keep offering the sippy, he will eventually take more if he is taking some now. If your morning naps are going wonky, he is probably in the 2-1 transition phase if you haven't already noticed it.http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=41952.0 He could also be teething if you have noticed an increase in fussiness and lack of eating.

I will move this over to eating for toddlers too!

Laura

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: 13 month old bottle dropped and everything's wonky
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 21:07:59 pm »
Thanks for moving Lolly. After I posted I thought, huh, I bet this goes in toddler eating. I'm in denial that he's a toddler.

Okay, so he sounds normal...we'll just keep at it. It's hard to be going through so many transitions at once--the nap switch and the bottle switch. But, it's good to know it sounds about right.