Author Topic: 30 min nap - wide awake, no crying - get her up?  (Read 934 times)

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
30 min nap - wide awake, no crying - get her up?
« on: July 05, 2015, 18:21:12 pm »
Hello!
DD is almost 6.5 months old. Occasionally she wakes up after a 30 min nap. She doesn't fall back to sleep with shh/pat. She doesn't really cry. She just rolls around, babbles and yelps.

Do I just get her up and do her normal 2.5 A time which is normally what i do and bring bedtime forward?

Just wondering what other moms do here. Thanks!

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 30 min nap - wide awake, no crying - get her up?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 21:27:16 pm »
Well tbh if it's just an occasional occurrence and the exact same day would usually produce a long nap then I'd personally have let her babble etc and waited to see if she'd get herself back off again. Going in would have provided a distraction for mine from trying to go back to sleep. Sometimes something just disturbs them or maybe they're moving around in their dreams or something and wake themselves up. If they're happy then I wouldn't worry about leaving them but if she doesn't go back to sleep then I wouldn't count that down time in the cot as a full A time, perhaps a half A time, eg if she's babbling etc for 40mins before you decide to just get her up then you could count it as 20mins A time. If you did get her up after the 30mins she may not be able to manage a full 2.5h A afterwards without getting OT.

But if it's happening more often I'd push A times, actually 2.5h is quite low for 6.5mo although mine were both on the low A side, but do you think it might be time to push her? Maybe before the nap which most often tends to get short?

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 00:49:44 am »
Thx for your reply!

Yes! I do agree it is time to push A time longer and i will be starting tomorrow.

Weekends her naps aren't as great because we have things to do that can't be scheduled around her naps unfortunately as we have to see relatived. i
I don't go out during the week so it will be a good time forme to push out her A time.

The challenge is how many naps should DD do if A time is only 2 hr 45 min? If she sleeps 2 hrs for both naps do i then bring her bedtime earlier? If she does short naps instead of 2 hrs do i then go back to doing 3 naps?

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 18:08:12 pm »
Sorry for delayed reply - my internet connection is letting me down! Well the 3-2, like any nap transition, can be bumpy, just to warn you! Don't worry too much about getting exactly 12h days, IME anything between 11-13h can work fine, so if you get a 3rd CN then BT will be later, and do EBT if not. But keep the A times before and after the CN short, so it's a UT nap (30mins is fine, we had 10mins before giving it up completely), and that way you shouldn't end up with too much A time overall. Perhaps start with 2h before offering the 3rd nap and see what happens. Yes, if she short naps earlier in the day she could have a longer CN, may take some experimenting to see how long she can have without it messing up the night. Does that make sense?

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 20:53:02 pm »
Thanks so much! Yes yes makes sense. Ok i will see how things go  :)