Author Topic: Pt/shh after middle of the night feeding!  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mommytomackenzie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pt/shh after middle of the night feeding!
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:44:36 pm »
Hello,

We've only been doing EASY and pt/shh with dd for a few days...but we're already seeing really good results!  The biggest challenge is often getting her to settle after her nighttime feeding.  She's only 12 weeks and she still eats at least once during the night.  I often have to stay with her a while doing pt/shh until she falls asleep.  It usually takes longer than at bedtime or naptime. 

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or things I should keep in mind for settling her after night feedings?  I keep the room dark, feed her w/out any interaction, and put her back down when she's still a teeny bit awake (usually--sometimes she just falls asleep nursing). 

Thanks,
Nicole

Offline chell

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 94
Re: Pt/shh after middle of the night feeding!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 22:38:23 pm »
Hi and welcome! It sounds as though you are doing a really good job.  :) Gradually as time goes on you'll be able to put her down when she is more awake, but for the time being, I'd just carry on as you are.
An obedient soldier fights a fools war

[img=http://www.images/t4.gif=http://www.images/t4.gif]http://www.babywhis

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 23:40:14 pm »
I agree - I found that it takes a bit of time for them to figure out that there is no A time after feeding at night.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline mommytomackenzie

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 00:42:00 am »
Thanks!  We'll keep plugging away at it!

Offline Adoptivemom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 21:49:58 pm »
I had this question too. I've been on EASY with my 3 month old for two weeks now and have fixed my BAD accidental parenting of sleeping with him on the couch at night. He is sleeping in his crib at night and for naps (Pat on the back for mom!!) He is only waking twice at night and I feed him because I can tell he is hungry. Sometimes he goes right to sleep after but sometimes he is wide awake and it takes longer - sh/pat for at most 20 mins or like last night I just walked away from him and he went to sleep on his own. This brings me to a new question: When will they finally soothe themselves without needing that sh/pat or eventually I guess it will be PU/PD. If I put him down awake he will cry and I have to soothe him. Last night was really the first time he put himself to sleep. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on timelines for self- soothing.

Thanks
Lindsay