Author Topic: Question re: extending sleep times  (Read 725 times)

Offline Jenna's Mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Question re: extending sleep times
« on: February 17, 2006, 00:17:24 am »
Hi, my issue is this:  my 2 month old daughter is on 3 hour EASY and doing well with it.  In the evenings, we usually feed her at 7:30pm, then she has a little light activity and then goes to bed.  At this point she would sleep without waking probably for 5-6 hours.  But I dreamfeed her at 10:30-11pm which holds her over until about 4am.  So I get up once at night to feed, and then she's a little difficult to get back to sleep because it seems like she's had enough sleep at that point.  Last night, she cried at 4am so I went in, but she didn't look too frantic so I quietly sshhh'd her back to sleep and she did that for another hour.  So then at 5am she woke up and I decided to see if she was really hungry or just waking out of habit at this point, so I gave her a paci and she was okay with that on and off until about 6:45am.  So she missed her night feed which didn't seem to bother her at all.  Okay so here is my actual question after all that explanation... how do I get her to have her big chunk of sleep all the way to 7am instead of 4 or 5am?  Should I leave her to sleep after her evening feed and get up when she cries which would probably be about 1am?  Then would she go back to sleep more easily until 7am?  I'm not sure of the best way to proceed... it seems like she can go without the middle-of-the-night feed but it's getting her back to sleep after she wakes around 4 or 5am which is stumping me.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  Julia