Author Topic: 4.5mth waking from 2am  (Read 1151 times)

Offline ladyjayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4.5mth waking from 2am
« on: March 05, 2010, 19:33:28 pm »
Hi, Im still quite new to this site and not sure of all the terminology but im hoping someone can help me.

My 4.5mth old has generally fed at 7pm, gone to sleep, had a dream feed at 10.30pm/11pm and then woke for a feed at 3am. After the 3am feed she settled quickly and slept till 7.30am.

About 4/5 weeks ago she settled quickly after her 3am feed but no sooner had i gone to bed then she woke again and needed settling again. She uses a dummy so i plugged it in and she settled quickly. However the same thing happened once i got to bed and this was the pattern for the rest of the night with her waking every 15/20 mins. This has then happened every night since. However, she is now feeding so well through the day that she no longer wants a feed in the night - although i still offer it, and she is now also waking earlier at about 2am.

Im guessing that this might be a props issue - but i dont understand how she can sleep so well between 7pm and 2am without any need for settling?

Her day is usually something like this:-

A 7.30am
E 8.30am
S 9.30am
A 11.30am
E 12.00pm
S 1.30pm
A 2.00pm
E 3.30pm
S 4.00pm
A 5.00pm
E 6.45pm
S 7.00pm
E 10.30pm

Any tips or advice would be gratefully received, im exhausted.! Thanks

Offline mellyD

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 4.5mth waking from 2am
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 20:50:37 pm »
Hi Ladyjayne,

I would guess that if each time she wakes it is because the dummy has come out and she stops once you put it back in that it is a prop issue - this happened with our LO at 4 months. She too slept solid until the early hours then the fun and games began with the replugging.

Maybe she comes into a lighter sleep at this time and can't settle without the dummy. We went cold turkey with the dummy and it was hard for roughly 3-4 nights but saw a massive improvement after that. If she is feeding well through the day and you know she is not hungry at night I wouldn't offer the bottle cos you don't want her to replace 1 prop(the dummy) for another (the bottle).

I am by no means an expert just going on experience with 2 LO's and a moderator will prob offer better advoce but didn't want to read and run cos I have been where you are and it's sooo tiring.

Check out the props board about the dummy and good luck. I'll keep reading to see if I can help

xx

Offline ladyjayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 4.5mth waking from 2am
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:12:54 am »
Thanks for that. We've decided to go cold turkey on the dummy too. Not looking forward to it but if it helps in the long run it will be worth it! Ill keep you posted.

Lynsay x