Author Topic: Eating too fast?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« on: August 20, 2010, 23:42:44 pm »
So Finn is really hungry by dinner, he has his last snack at daycare at 3:30 and then come 5 p.m. he's starving.  We expedite dinner and I give him his milk and snack as soon as we get in (snack can be fruit, rice cakes, cheese, cereal bar) - yet when we sit down to eat he slams the food back like he's on a binge.  He eats a lot, and very quickly, and then gets really full not long after.  It's like he's not even chewing sometimes!  He will often choke on what he has stored in his cheeks or what he hasn't chewed completely.

How on earth do you get them to slow down?
The tweaking never stops!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Eating too fast?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 01:31:55 am »
Only give him small amounts at a time? Don't put it all directly in front of him?

Or offer him a snack in the car on the way home so he's not STARVING????? Then maybe he'd eat at a more reasonable pace?

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:47:51 am »
Leorah is always starving when I pick her up from nursery, she can eat the rest of her lunchbox or a big snack and still eat dinner when she gets home. Maybe give him a snack with some protein/fat, rice cakes and fruit don't really dent hunger and can make you feel more hungry, maybe add some peanut butter to an apple or banana or the rice cakes. I bet he doesn't stop moving at nursery and need a good refuel when he finally slows down  ;)
Katt

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 19:12:35 pm »
No idea, Alex always eats like he's not been fed in a month. He has the most awful table manners, he shoves in so much food at once that sometimes he just can't chew it all so he spits it out and starts again  ::) I can't spend each mealtime giving him one piece of food at a time, so I guess at some point he'll learn exactly how big his mouth is..  ::)
]