Author Topic: Omneo Comfort nappies!  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Fudge

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Omneo Comfort nappies!
« on: June 25, 2006, 18:12:29 pm »
I just started my DD on this formula about 5 days ago and shes got he most runny,foul nappies I've ever seen.Its so runny,it comes up at the back of the nappy and onto her clothes (and mine if I'm holding her).I knew it would cause bad dirty nappies,but I didn't expect it to be this bad.Has anyone else has used Omneo Comfort?Do the runny stools get better after a while once they've adjusted or is it set to stay like this?

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: Omneo Comfort nappies!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 18:27:54 pm »
i used omneo with my second child and although she never got the runs she had the most awful smelly gas. I dont think i left her on it long enough for it to cause bad nappys, i couldnt stand the smell ;D

Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 18:53:02 pm »
Hi there!

I have used Omneo Comfort for William since he was about 6 weeks old. Its fantastic stuff and truly heped to transform him from the colicy baby he was.

Yes we did get a couple of weeks of very eggy nasty smelling wind - and incredibly runny nappies - but as it suggests on the box it is perfectly normal and it didnt last for long -  things will settle I assure you.

Persevere with the Omneo Comfort - its well worth it and William has gone from strength to strength on it. Any more questions about it please shout!

Helen xx

Offline linfran

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 20:19:59 pm »
OMG......

Put t this way, on occasion I've had to breathe through my mouth to change my ds because of Omneo Comfort, but hey, it does the biz...

My dh has nicknamed the nappies "weapons of mass destruction" - says it all really.

Offline macsmum

• Showing Appreciation 111
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 20:39:18 pm »

lol ;D ;D
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Miche

• Showing Appreciation 93
  • roll over....roll over!!
    • baby luke's gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 09:00:05 am »
We're the same here.

Soo smelly and runny for a few weeks and then it definately settles down.  Luke still has some smelly wind and smelly poop from time to time but definately not runny any more. 

It definately helped his gassy tummy and he is so much more settled with it.

I just use alot more air freshner than I did afew months ago!  :)

Michele x
Michele ~ mum to -
Alex 12.05.93 ~ touchy/grumpy teenager!
Luke 16.03.06 ~ textbook/spirited 'Mighty Mouse!'

[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/8/898/89871.png[/img]
'There can be no rainbows without rain'
'Dream, explore, discover...'

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Seren - the glamour girl!
    • Shanaz John - Childminder
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 12:13:26 pm »
Hi all

I'm considering using the comfort formula to help with dd's reflux/regurgitation.  Please could you tell me why you decided to use it?

Cheers
Shanaz
Mummy:  Shanaz
Daddy:  Phil
Squirrel:  Seren

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 22:03:32 pm »
Shanaz I have posted loads of info and my opinions on Omneo Comfort in past months.. I will give you some links to have a look at as soon as I can as the search function isn't working at the mo.. but if you scroll back through past posts in this board you should come across some posts about it!

In general my William had colic and was lactose intolerant when he was tiny - before his digestive system matured and the colic symptoms decreased. He suffered from incredible wind too!! I chose to use Omneo Comfort (or just Comfort as its now called) for  two main reasons...

Its thicker than most so goes down more smoothly preventing a LO from swallowing too much air.. decreasing wind.

Its got partially digested proteins in it.. which makes it lower lactose and far more easy for a LO to digest...

I am a huge advocate for it.. its made things so much better for William .. along with the use of colief and Dr Browns / B-free bottles it was nothing short of a miracle.

I'll be back with links when I can!

Helen xxx

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 07:22:56 am »
Hi Helen

Thanks for your reply.  Seren also suffers from bad wind, we use Infacol but the HV has mentioned colief but said that you have to put it into the feeds in advance or something?  Do you make the feeds up in advance & store in fridge?  I wasn't sure if she was lactose intolerant because she was on breastmilk (expressed) for the 1st 4.5 weeks with hardly any problems at all, it all kicked off once she went onto formula full time.  SHe was on Aptamil but she was so sicky on it we changed to SMA Gold which seemed to calm things down for a while but it's worse than ever.  I've just been reluctant to try something else because I feel like I'm constantly chucking different things at her: Gaviscon Infant, Antacid, SMA Staydown (which was awful).  I am willing to try it if she carries on feeding so badly.

Thanks
Shanaz

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:02:52 am »
I meant to ask - what are B Free bottles?  I've heard of Dr Browns, we use Avent at the moment, but may try the Dr Browns to see if it makes any difference.

Shanaz

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 10:50:17 am »
Hi all

After another highly unseuccesful feed I have decided to go & buy the Comfort formula.  My lo has expensive tastes, she will only feed quickly and her whole feed when taking the carton milk - anyone else found this?  Also, do they do the comfort milk in cartons, it's handy when out & about, especially seeing as this milk has to be made up with hot water & then kept in fridge until needed.

Shanaz

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:34 am »
Hi there

Regarding the colief - yes you do have to make the bottles up and let the colief work in the milk for 4 hours prior to drinking it. With Omneo comfort this has never posed me a problem as we make the bottles up at night for the next day (added the colief when making them up when he needed it) and they are just fine for all of the next day. To be hinest the change in William outweighed the having to make feeds up in advance.. colief was excellent in helping him to stay less colicy and windy in those early months. If you do use colief get it prescribed from the Dr - that way its free and not £10 a bottle which lasts about a week and a half!

Sadly they do not make ready made Omneo Comfort due to its nature... but as I said I used to make bottles up at night and take a baby bottle coolbag with me when I went out to keep the bottle fresh for when I needed it.. it was never any hassle.

I changed William from Aptamil - he used to spit this up a lot and I found it harsh.. it used to sting my skin when I got it on me!! But omneo has been brill.

Lastly have a look at this website it will show you all about the bottles and why they are good.. they do as they say! There are one or two tricks with them that Ive learned on the way - so if you decide to use them with Omneo give me a shout!!

http://www.babybfree.co.uk/

HTH

Helen xx

Offline Miche

• Showing Appreciation 93
  • roll over....roll over!!
    • baby luke's gallery
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 12:01:41 pm »
Hi Shanaz:

I've just been catching up with all the posts on the March/April 06 thread and have read that Staydown didn't work for you.  :(

I think I was talking about Omneo Comfort  a while back on that thread.  I just wanted to reiterate what Helen has already told you - it really is excellent stuff!  :)

We always make the bottles up at night as well for the next day and take one in a bottle coolbag when we go out - it's always worked really well for us that way.

The only time Luke ever brings any milk back up now (and even then it's only a tiny amount) is when his daddy has been bouncing him on his knees too soon after a feed or playing 'aeroplanes' with him!! (Some men never learn!)  ::)

Any way I really hope this works out for you - I'm sure it will!

Take Care

Michele x

Michele ~ mum to -
Alex 12.05.93 ~ touchy/grumpy teenager!
Luke 16.03.06 ~ textbook/spirited 'Mighty Mouse!'

[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/8/898/89871.png[/img]
'There can be no rainbows without rain'
'Dream, explore, discover...'

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 17:41:12 pm »
Hi Miche & Helen

Thanks for your replies.  I have bought the Omneo so will make it up tonight & start her on it from tomorrow morning.  What do you do re: night feeds?  Do you just warm it up in a bottle warmer?  Also, if you take it out during the day already made up how does that work as I thought you had to use it within 1 hour of being out of the fridge or am I just confused?  I have read so much stuff & tried so many different things I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Helen, I will let you know if we decide to change bottles, I'll see how she goes with the Avent ones.  I don't know if she will need Colief, I thought that the Comfort helped with wind etc as well?

Miche - it was because you had recommended it to me that I looked into it & decided to go for it!

Cheers
Shanaz

Offline linfran

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 17:48:37 pm »
I use the Omneo and at niht I just heat it up in the bottlewarmer.

If I've heated the bottle up I would use it within the hour - I reckon it looks a bit odd after that but that could just be our water (or my eyesight.....).

I would also just keep made up bottles in the fridge for 24 hours.