Author Topic: when/if to switch from omeno?  (Read 789 times)

Offline le

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
when/if to switch from omeno?
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:09:49 pm »
Thanks to everyone here for reconemding the omeno formula, with Dr brown bottles and colief we have a happy baby.

I was just wondering if there is a time when she will no longer need these and I can switch to a different (cheper) formula and can drop the colief without the problems returning.

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »
We gave omneo to #1 son for a while and it really worked we only used it for a few weeks i seem to remember and only changed cos the supermarket had sold out and i bought farleys and because he was ok on it i kept with it.
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: when/if to switch from omeno?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 21:13:30 pm »
Hiya

I am so pleased that Omneo Comfort has worked for you and your LO... As you probably know I used Comfort with Dr Browns and Colief to sort out William's colic.

Regarding the colief.. it says on the box to reduce its use slowly from about 4 months. I did that and Will was fine without it from then. Thats roughly when colic tends to be less of a problem as the LOs digestive system is maturing and getting used to things. I have stayed on Comfort and Dr Browns bottles from then as Will has done so well on it. I changed to Comfort 2 at 6 months and hes been on it ever since. He's being weaned to cows milk at the mo and is having no problems at all with the cows milk. Im still giving him 1 bottle a day of comfort 2 to keep up his intake of vitamins etc until my supply of it runs out lol...

If I was you I would keep your LO on the Comfort, Dr Browns and Colief till 4 months, then if you really want to change to another formula I'd do it at about 6 months.. Its not a good idea to keep switching formulas.. and to be honest if the comfort is doing the trick Id continue to use it as long as poss as the extra expense (its not that much more expensive) is worth it.

HTH...

Give me a shout if you want any more help I will be only too pleased.

H xx