Author Topic: How long does it take for them to settle into the 1nap a day?  (Read 713 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Ok almost 2 weeks ago we dropped the morning nap cold turkey and went with the 1 nap at lunch and so far it has worked well. She wakes around 7.30am nap at 12pm then bed around 7pm and naps for 2-2.5hrs. Ok my question how long do they take to really settle into the longer awake time? My DD starts to get fussy around 10/10.30am(this is where her morning nap use to be) until lunch at 11.30am. She is generally ok in the afternoon as she was always able to have a longer awake time in the afternoon(4hrs) but generally only made it until 3hrs awake time in the morning.
Also i would eventually like to move her nap to 12.30pm, how long should i wait to do this?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: How long does it take for them to settle into the 1nap a day?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 15:02:58 pm »
She may just be wired for sleep at that time (10/10:30) and it will take time to reset her body clock. I'd keep the nap after the 11:30 lunch for now and maybe in two more weeks move that lunch to 11:45 and then two more weeks later until 12 - the slow moving may give her more time to adjust and keep her from being too overtired to eat a good lunch and take a long nap.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01