Author Topic: Tummy Time  (Read 1731 times)

Offline wisna

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Tummy Time
« on: January 14, 2012, 16:34:50 pm »
Hallo,
I have a question about activities for babies up to 3 months.
When do you put your babies on the belly, to practice lifting their head and generally strengthen their spine? Because they should be active after feeding and I'm afraid my LO would sick up with his stomach full.
With my first two kids I didn't know about BW and EASY, I had always put them on their belly before feeds and they had a nap after feeds.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: Tummy Time
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 18:43:34 pm »
My baby (12 wks) is pretty sicky after a feed, so I tend to do playing sitting up immediately after the feed & then lay her on her tummy about 10 mins or so after her last burp. Sometimes she does sick up so I usually put a muslin underneath her head. Hope that helps, good luck, Naomi
~ Naomi ~

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 19:06:15 pm »
My LO hated tummy time. He was a refluxer. We had thee best luck 20 mins after a feed, or just on WU before a feed if there was time. At such a young age I don't think it matters if you put it before a feed or at a diff time. EASY at this age is really a out getting into good habits ie not feeding to sleep ( unless you have to, some LOs with conditions need a full tummy before bed)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 19:35:48 pm »
My DD is incredibly pukey, and if I put her on her tummy after feeding she is soon lying in a stinky white puddle. Before 3 months they don't need a lot of tummy time at once anyway, so I generally put her on her tummy for a few minutes right after she woke up and then fed her. That way she got a bit of practice several times a day without being uncomfortable from lying on a full stomach or throwing up even more than usual.
Amy

Offline wisna

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 21:55:54 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I noticed them only now.
Problem probably solved, as my DS usually wakes a few minutes before feeding time, so I put him on his tummy for a while.
Surprisingly, he enjoys it if he's not too hungry.  :)