Author Topic: Help!  (Read 981 times)

Offline vbisa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2006, 13:29:10 pm »
I just don't know what to do - my 20 month old son is still waking at night.  It is totally irratic - some nights he sleeps straight through, some nights he wakes and a simple pat and shush and he goes back to sleep and some nights he just cries and cries.  I have kept really detailed records of what happens at the day and night and can't seem to find any reason why this happens.

His day schedule is very consistent and he naps perfectly.  He goes to sleep easily and eats well, he hasn't been ill in months and is generally a very good natured boy.

I guess I am at the point where I am considering crying it out, but I fear I won't be able to do this as I would get upset.

Any advice is welcome.

Offline *Nicola*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 429
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 15:01:12 pm »
((((HUGS)))  So sorry you are having a difficult time at the moment, it can be really hard when our LO's don't sleep well during the night.

Could you post a bit more about his day time routine, how he goes to sleep, when he naps, how long for etc.  This info might be able to help us give you some tips.  If he is managing to sleep during the day then he should manage to sleep at night too, maybe we just need to help you with a bit of tweaking.  CIO won't teach your ds the skills he needs for good sleep, so please stick with us!! 

Look forward to reading your post, will check back in later  :-*
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 22:13:43 pm »
I have replied to this post, but I don't know where it went!!

What do you do when he cries and cries?  Can you tell me, over the last fortnight, what nights he has slept through, what nights he has cried and you can settle him easily and what nights have been difficult, and how do you settle him eventually?

What times are his naps, what time does he go to bed and how does he fall asleep both for naps and bedtime.  I know, it sounds like an interrogation, sorry.