Author Topic: When to drop first bottle if an EW?  (Read 975 times)

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
When to drop first bottle if an EW?
« on: November 07, 2008, 22:07:52 pm »
Hi - my DD turns one on Thursday and just needed to know - when do I drop or swop her first bottle of the day with breakfast?

Please note however, that she is an EW at 5am and she only drinks up to 180ml of milk AND an hour later which is when I feed her breakfast, she doesn't want much at all if anything. I mean she might take a quarter of a piece of toast, or a tablespoon of yoghurt, maybe a small section of fruit....spits out any sort of cereal...

Help. ::)

lilmonkey

Re: When to drop first bottle if an EW?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 23:05:47 pm »
Hi Judy,

At 12 mos you can offer breakfast first and have milk in a sippy or bottle.  At first the milk intake may be low if you offer it in a sippy instead of a bottle but you can offer diary products to compensate for this. 

Here's a link, the info relevent to you is towards the end.  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=57557.0

As for the EW, is this a recent development?  If so, you may want to post a question in here or at least find that you are not alone in this department.  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=34.0

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 23:18:13 pm »
Hi Mimi.
Thanks for that.
She's been doing EW now for probably two months. Hate it, but she goes to sleep by 6.20pm at her request, sleeps through until 5am and has on average two - one and half hour sleeps to two hour sleeps a day. So I don't think I can complain. (Can I?) She wakes happy and the fact she sleeps through has made it bearable.

lilmonkey

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 23:35:02 pm »
Oh I know what you mean about the EW.  I have my fair share of them courtesy of ds.  I'm in one right now and trying to come up plan E or is it F?  ;p