Author Topic: Shall I wake up 3,5 months old during nap?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Nilsli

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Shall I wake up 3,5 months old during nap?
« on: January 04, 2015, 14:49:10 pm »
Hello!
I am new to baby whisperer. I have only read online but ordered all books yesterday so soon I will be more informed :)
But I try to follow a schedule. He has some trouble napping and there is some effort involved in getting him to sleep and keeping him asleep. However, now he has slept for 2,5 hours and according to the schedule, he should sleep for only 2. Shall I wake him up?!
Thanks!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Shall I wake up 3,5 months old during nap?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 13:12:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW!

I would only wake if there's a feed due tbh as you want him to take all the calories he can during the day so he doesn't try and make up for extra during the night.

Don't worry too much, there will be a time when you're battling short naps soon and I'll remind you of this dilemma  ;)

Offline Nilsli

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:03:30 am »
Thank you very much! Cannot wait for the books to arrive... ;-)  OK! Thanks. I will remember that. However, he eats a bit too much during the night so I might wake him for feeds.
But how about the catnap? That should not be longer than 40 min, right? Otherwise the whole night schedule is gone..
Thanks!
:)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:40:49 am »
Remember there is a growth spurt around now too so that could be why he's waking more often for feeds at night. Yep, 40-45mims is great for a CN. It's just one sleep cycle so gets them through to BT. This is a great link (and all the ones in it) for getting started if you wanted to have a read before the books come x Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!