Author Topic: 34-month old never skips naps: today she's just fussing and refusing: tonight?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0

My LO is kind of high sleep need. She still takes a nap every day from 12.30-14.15 usually.
Today though, she's just crying and complaining, saying she wants to go out and play and yells for mama. She needed to go to the toilet after I had already put her to bed so I got her out quickly but perhaps that gave her a second wind...I put her back and now it's been an hour and I've been in there 2-3 times already. I guess I will just get her up soon without a nap. This has never happened before.

She woke up at 7.00 am this morning.
If she doesn't nap now or later, if she accidentally falls asleep in the car or something, what time should I put her down tonight? 18.30?

Normal BT is 20.00 and asleep around 20.20.

Thank you!

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
BT at 18.45, she tried to stall but eventually fell asleep quickly, 19.00 she was quiet at least 
WU this morning at 6.55

If she skips a nap again, is a 12-hr night long enough?

I also have a question regarding short naps: whenever we travel and she has to nap in the car, she only naps for 45-60 mins. Then when I put her down at an earlier than normal BT, she ends up getting OT and falling asleep much later than normal, perhaps closer to 21.00, followed by a 6.00 am EW.
How much earlier should I do EBT after a 45 minute nap? (Normal BT is 20.00).

Thanks again.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
At least to begin, when she drops her nap I would do 11 hr days. Probably a 12 hr day after a short nap.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thanks. So after a 45 or 60 minute nap, you think 12 hrs also?

Offline anna*

• My two
As a guess. On a nap day she has a 13 hr day so this seems reasonable.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
She skipped her nap nap one more time this weekend. Her day was WU 6.55 am, tried a nap from 1230-13.20, BT 18.45 with lots of crying. Had to stay in her room until she fell asleep that night. Do you think she needs an 11-hr day, like you said, even on an occasional NND?
Also, she naps at daycare at 12.30-should I try a later nap only on the weekends? Perhaps when she's at home she doesn't get as tired...

Thank you.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
She's continuing to skip naps on the weekends. I've tried to move the nap time to 12.50 down thinking she will fall asleep by 13.00 and it worked one time last weekend, and today she fell asleep at 13.15. At daycare she naps at 12.30-ish. Is it commom to be able to do up to 7 hrs A time before nap at this age?

Thank you,

Offline anna*

• My two
Anything goes at this age. Most have already dropped the nap entirel.y

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
At daycare she may just be more ready for her nap as they are much more active then we can do at home by ourselves. Sounds like she's dropping her nap at home and that's completely normal at this age. Try pushing her naps at home later (my lo was doing 7hr A's at 27 months) and capping it. On a no nap day try an 11hr day max. My lo (29 months)  had a no nap day yesterday. He is notorious for not tacking on lost day sleep.But he a wake up of 6:45 no nap and bt of 6 and it's 6:15 am and he's still asleep. So you never know unless you try.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thank you. She napped today, 13.10-14.30.