Author Topic: Not enough fluids???? Please help.  (Read 800 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Not enough fluids???? Please help.
« on: December 17, 2006, 17:37:01 pm »
I wasn't 100% sure if this was a solids thing or a bottle thing so I am posting on both threads.  Thanks.

My dd is 8.5 months old.  A few weeks back (over a month ago) she stopped drinking her bottles.  She use to have around 26oz of formula a day split between 4 bottles and now she drinks maybe 15oz total.  She started drinking 2-4oz per bottle and drinking 6-8oz at her bedtime bottle.  She didn't increase her solid intake so I thought we would go to 3 bottles a day in hopes that her formula intake would increase. 

She still isn't drinking and it's getting worse.  She maybe drinks 3oz at her morning bottle, usually 2oz.  I then have to use 1oz of it for her oatmeal and then mix it with some fruit so she at least gets a bit more formula.

For her 2nd bottle she drinks no more than 4oz, usually less and for her bed time bottle she drinks around 4-8oz depending on the night.  She isn't waking up at night for food so she must not be hungry.  I am just worried she isn't getting enough fluids.  I try giving her water and juice but the most she will take in a day is about one ounce. 

This is our feeding schedule (give or take depending on when she is napping)

7am bottle
7:30/8:00 breakfast (oatmeal and fruit)

11:30 lunch solids (2-3oz of veggies and yogurt)

1:30/2:30 somewhere in there - bottle

between 4 and 5 pm dinner (2-3oz of veggies/protein)

6:15/6:30 bedtime bottle. 

Any suggestions on what may be going on?  She literally closes her mouth and pushes/shoves the bottle away while turning her head to the side.

She is teething, but I can't imagine that would make her stop drinking for well over a month and not eat more solids to compensate.

She has always been a small eater. 

Thanks for all your help.

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Not enough fluids???? Please help.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 19:25:24 pm »

We ask that members post their question on only one forum, so that help is not split across the board.  As you've already received some help on the thread in the solid food forum, I've locked this thread.

Here is a links to the other question, please could anyone who has advice add it here: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=79840.msg685349#msg685349

I hope this does not offend you or make you feel unwelcome here, that's certainly not the intention. The reason is that we try to keep people posting a particular question only once in the forums. This prevents the advice from getting 'split', repeated, or worse, you getting conflicting advice. We've found it's better to keep it to one thread, as people can see what others have written and can either expand on that, or add their own experience. Also it helps to keep the strain down on the server, especially as our BW boards are so busy.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 19:28:31 pm by LŠuren »
Lauren x