Author Topic: Cry it out?  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Jenn©

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Cry it out?
« on: November 27, 2005, 05:12:23 am »
Please confirm something for my tired lil' brain.  CIO is not what my mouse is doing when she wails for a few minutes then conks out right?  The whole CIO thing is around here somewhere, but it seems to be hiding from me.  Hubby is all worried about her, I think she is fine.   I really don't want him to sabotage her putting herself to sleep. Her music box plays for about 10 minutes, she quiets long before that.  Sometimes we don't even get the fussing.   What's the verdict, moms?  Thanks!!!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Cry it out?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:27:02 am »
personally I would say what your doing is ok. My LO is the same way. If I do go to her right away then she ends up crying for a long period of time, the longest was 3 hours. I wouldn't leave her if she was trully distressed for more then 5 minutes. Sometimes for my LO she just needs to cry then she sleeps well. She does this in the evenings if she hasn't gotten to bed soon enough. Go with your gut, if it says this is the right thing then go with it. Just don't let it go to far. Anymore then 5 - 10 minutes (depending on the age) and its to much.
Kimberly

Offline Jenn©

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Cry it out?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 16:57:51 pm »
That's what I've been doing.  I'm home with her more often than dh and he does not understand babies.  I can tell him not to wind her up in the middle of the night, he says he doesn't .  Then guess what I hear on the monitor?  Men! :lol:
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.