Author Topic: question about poop  (Read 1115 times)

Offline ~*erin*~

• formerly "mama2girls"
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
question about poop
« on: July 19, 2012, 18:47:08 pm »
ok, this might be a weird one ....
Audrey is 3mo (14 weeks) and EBF. Is it normal for bf babies to poop A LOT? I'm talking like 4+ times a day! The last couple days she seems to be pooping a lot more frequently and it's goopier than normal. She usually nurses from 5-15min per breast, somtimes only takinh 1, other times both.
???

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: question about poop
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 19:26:27 pm »
Some go a lot, others not so much.  DS used to poo after every feed when he was small and then he stopped and would go for weeks without doing one.

There's a great FAQ (http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=157413.0) that you could check out if you're worried about what it looks like if you're concerned it doesn't look right.  It's a bit grim, but handy!
*** Amanda ***

Offline ~*erin*~

• formerly "mama2girls"
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 19:35:38 pm »
great - I'll check that out. It's funny (and not "funny ha ha" due to the fact that she seems to trap a lot of her gas, even burps) because she hardly ever farts, and if she does, you can be sure there's poop. My husband was quite upset to learn that the other day when she kept "farting" but was actually pooping and some leaked out onto his shorts :D What a happy moment for me! haha

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 19:38:22 pm »
LOL! ;D
*** Amanda ***

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 19:41:37 pm »
What a happy moment for me! haha
i had a happy "poop" moment too with DH!!!he was changing her nappy & made the fatal mistake of not having the clean nappy ready....cue a big explosion of poop all over DH...i must admit...i did smile as i watched the horror on his face!!!!

im BFing too & to begin with, we would have poops at almost every nappy...then she went to one a day, then two...now that we're on solids things have slowed down again...

dh looked at me in shock today when i told him i had asked my mom to keep any dirty nappies she had while i was out (DD, not my mom!!! :) ) so that i'd know what type of BM she was having....the things we do as mommies, eh?!

Offline burrisfam1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:51:00 am »
As a mom of a LO who had the opposite problem, I have to say be thankful there is movement! ;)  Our LO was eventually diagnosed with a physical problem and is now 6 and still struggles occasionally.  A couple of things that the doctors at childrens hopsital said (regarding passing gas) was doing the bicycle with baby, or if they will rest in the 'stinkbug' position when doing tummy time (basically knees to chest with rump in the air) and then simethicone drops.

It's amazing how excited we'd get when our LO would have a bm or pass gas.  We knew it meant a good nap and a happy baby for awhile!

Blessings,
April

Offline lmvanmeter236

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 20:41:47 pm »
My LO is 9-1/2wks and has 2-3 big poos a day... and almost always has a little poo in the diaper at every change.  My Dr said as long as it is coming out and it is loose (ie no hard little balls) that it is fine no matter how many times a day.  Some EBF babies do poop once a day or even every other... not mine tho, but no reason to worry.