Author Topic: what's for breakfast?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline carolyn

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 67
what's for breakfast?
« on: September 19, 2005, 13:30:48 pm »
I am getting bored with John's breakfast choices lately. We "discovered" Alpha-bits cereal a few weeks ago and that's all he wants.  (I was surprised that it isn't the sweet cereal with marshmellows that was around when we were kids; it's more like Cheerios.)  He also will eat yogurt and fruit.  I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm afraid he is getting bored because he isn't eating as well as he was.

My plan is to incorporate breakfast into my menu planning along with dinner. My goal is to have 1 serving protein, 1 serving dairy, 1 serving fruit, and 2 servings grains.  So I need some great, easy, quick breakfast plans so I don't make scranbled eggs and toast every day. :wink:

This morning I made french toast cut with cookie cutters and syrup to dip, and yogurt on the side. I am planning on making applesauce muffins for tomorrow.   What else can I add?
carolyn
John's mommy :-)

Offline AlohaMama

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 16:33:55 pm »
Toast with peanut butter, eggs, canadian bacon, grits, oatmeal, homemade smoothies, yogurt, cheerios (all the different flavors) and fruit are our favorite breakfast options here.
Melissa
Mommy to an almost 3 year old

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
what's for breakfast?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 21:13:09 pm »
Hi carolyn,

My DD loves porridge with bits of fruit in it (strange i know :roll: ), she also has boiled egg and toast or sometimes she will just have a toasted crumpet and yoghurt...it depends what mood she wakes up in  :roll:

HTH
xx
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]