Author Topic: Is this teething?  (Read 780 times)

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
Is this teething?
« on: December 05, 2006, 16:28:32 pm »
My DS is almost 9.5 months and just cut his first two, bottom teeth this weekend.  What I'm confused about, is he has been really cranky, and crying like he is in pain Sunday and Monday, and up for hours on end last night.  I thought once the teeth broke the skin the worst of it was over (at least that's the way it was with my DD).  Could the MANY long wakings be teething even though the skin is broken?  I don't feel any other bumps yet.  He is drooling and putting everything in his mouth and is really cranky.

Thanks.

Offline *Kimberly*

• Showing Appreciation 45
Re: Is this teething?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 16:32:13 pm »
I know when my lo's top two teeth came in the caused him problems even after they broke through the gums.  It could also be that the top two teeth are coming in.  My lo's top two teeth caused problems long before I could feel anything.  Hubby noticed that his gums were bulging on the top and that turned out to be his teeth.  They came in much different than the bottom two.

Hope that helps.

Kimberly

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Is this teething?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 23:34:07 pm »
Sounds like it may be teething. He might have more just under the surfice or pushing. My DD did the same when her teeth first started coming in. Give him some motrin for the pain, if after 4 hours he seems to be in pain again you can give him tylonal too. Read the lable for how much to give.
Kimberly