Author Topic: Help with baby's new routine!  (Read 788 times)

Offline kilsby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 12, 2007, 22:01:58 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the board but have been following the basic principles of Baby Whisperer since birth. My baby is 13 weeks old and was sleeping up to 6 hrs during the night however for the last 6 nights she's been really erratic and waking up every 3 hrs.

Here is her basic routine:
Wakes at 7.30am - feeds
Plays and then naps around 9.30am for 1 hr or so
Feed again at 10.30am
Plays for a bit, usually no nap
Feed again at 1.30pm
Plays and maybe a short nap
Feed again at 4.30pm
Bath at 6pm
Naps till about 8.30pm
Feeds and then naps again till 10pm then I'll do a dreamfeed unless she's totally zonked

Do you think she's not napping long enough during the day? It does seem like she doesn't want to nap a lot apart from her morning nap which is pretty much the same every day.

She's around 15lbs now so quite a big baby, should I put her on 4 hr schedule or wait a few more weeks for this?

When she wakes at night I usually feed her once and then the other times I'll just try & sooth her which sometimes works/sometimes doesn't. If I do feed her it's only 10/15 mins max and then she's zonked out again.

thanks!

Offline *Kimberly*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
Re: Help with baby's new routine!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 22:26:53 pm »
I would try to be consistant with the dreamfeed (she doesn't even have to wake up for this feed) and see if that helps with the hunger nightwakings.

If you feel that she might be ready for a 4-hour EASY then you can always try it and if it doesn't work go back to the 3-hour.  I would try 3.5-hour first and if she handles that well for a week or so, then try the 4-hour.  My son was a big boy too and he moved up to the 4-hour EASY before 4 months.

Kimberly

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Help with baby's new routine!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 22:39:03 pm »
Yep, for sure she's not sleeping enough during the day. Unless she happens to be one of those rare LOs who just doesn't need as much sleep as most. But also like Kimberly said I think you should be consistent with a DF, either do it or don't.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o