Author Topic: refusing the bottle  (Read 971 times)

Offline Diana1981

• Mama de Yeyo y Yoyo
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 74
  • My angels
refusing the bottle
« on: July 12, 2012, 13:28:11 pm »
Hi there

DS2 is 7 months old today and is now refusing the bottle. He will take one ounce maybe two and then he only bites the nipple. He has been EBF since birth but now that he is on solids we use the bottle for juice or water. He only seems to want the breast. He cries when he sees my boobs  :o and when I pick him up starts sucking on my neck, arm, chest, etc.

Can teething cause this refusal??

TIA

As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: refusing the bottle
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 20:44:43 pm »
Is he teething? That can really have an impact on bottle feeding. Maybe try a straw cup instead of the bottle if you want him to take milk from something.

Do you need him to take a bottle?

Laura

Offline Diana1981

• Mama de Yeyo y Yoyo
  • Showing Appreciation 74
  • My angels
Re: refusing the bottle
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:35:44 am »

I believe he is starting to teeth because I see him scratching, bitting all the time. I bought him a cup the other day, not the one with a straw but the one that has little holes. He drinks from ir just fine. I was just wondering why he is now playing with the bottle. He used to drink from the bottle a week ago.

I want him to take milk from the bottle or a cup basically because I dont want him to be boob obssesed. :P

As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around