Author Topic: Missing one great sleeper...Found one less than great! Help  (Read 888 times)

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Missing one great sleeper...Found one less than great! Help
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:24:08 am »
My 12 mo old who has been a great sleeper since we started EASY around 5 weeks has dissapeared.  Last night she woke around midnight and was up for 2 hours.  Tonight I put her in bed and 5  min later the crying starts.  It's been almost 2 hours and I just can't figure out what it is.  She is a little gassy but we have given her med.  Are their things that could be going on that I am missing?
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
Re: Missing one great sleeper...Found one less than great! Help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 15:09:00 pm »
Funny thing, but between 12 months and 2 years some kids who were previousl. good sleepers NOW start to give us the odd problem..

I guess you'd want to rule out teething, ear infection etc. first so you could either take her to the ped. or try some pain medicaton. Any other changes--a new programme, playgroups etc?

Is she on one nap or two? Nightwakings can indicate an "inappropriate" sleep schedule which is pretty common around this age as some lo's start getting ready for the one nap tranistion around now.  Sometimes what happens is that they start taking naps later in the day and it impacts their ability to fall asleep early at night.  Too late bedtimes inevitably led to night wakings in my younger dd.

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 18:04:56 pm »
She is down to one nap.  After lunch it's usually from 12:30-2:30. Bedtime is 8.  But we are slowly moving that up because she's been sleeping till 9 and I want her up earlier.   I think it may be teeth because she's drooling all over but it doesn't seem to bother her during the day which is strange.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 19:05:21 pm »
Then I would definitely give some pain meds a go.  But given her schedule I would also move bedtime earlier as you are doing.She's going down for her nap only 3.5 hours after wakeup but then is awake 5.5 hours after nap and that may be too long for her.  Some lo's seem sensitive to having too long an "A" time after nap, regardless of when morning wakeup is and that can contribute to night wakings.  with my dd when she first transitioned to one nap she couldn't go any longer than 5 hours after nap or we would get night wakings.  Once she starts sleeping better at night you may find that she will go down a bit later for her nap as well.  Good luck!