Author Topic: How many hours naps for 7.5 month old?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How many hours naps for 7.5 month old?
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:54:34 am »
Hi Jude is 7.5 months old and sleeps 1.5hr in the morning 9am until 10.30am and then anything from 45min -1.5hr in the afternoon, usually at around 1.30pm.  So he is sleeping a total of anything from 2.5 to 3 hrsin the daytime. He no longer has his catnap.

He has been waking lots in the night, i think he is teething, he has been teething for months ( how long does this last by the way?? :? ) He is defiantely not hungry as he is on 3 solids meals and 5 bottle feeds and has slept through since very young.

I am not complaining as he sleeps from 7pm until 6am with a dremfeed but these wakings in between are killing me.

So i was just wondering if his daytime needs adjusting and hoping someone can help me.

Here is his typical day.

:arrow: 6.15am wake
 :arrow: 7am      bottle
 :arrow: 8.30am  solids
 :arrow: 9am       sleep until 10.30am

:arrow: 10.30am wake
 :arrow: 11-11.30ish bottle
 :arrow: 1pm        solids
 :arrow: 1.30pm or 2pm sleep for between 45min and 1.5hr

:arrow: 3.30pm   bottle
 :arrow: 5.30pm   solids
 :arrow: 6.15pm bath
 :arrow: 6.45pm bottle
 :arrow: 7pm bed

:arrow: dream feed at 10.30pm

:arrow: 3am until 6am random wakings :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I know it must be his teeth but how long do they teeth for?

He has had less sleep during the day and it doesnt seem to make any difference. He is having at least 7 ounces in each bottle and is eating lots of calories in his solids.

What can i do? Please help

Kelly xx
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
How many hours naps for 7.5 month old?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 23:38:13 pm »
Hi!

Sorry you have some bad nights!

I don't see any problem w/ the daytime or nap sleep - at least not too much.  Is there any connection to the night wakings and when he has a 45min or 1.5hr nap?  Eg: if he gets more sleep does he still wake?

What r you doing to address the teething, if that is the cause?  We like the teething tabs and can give every day.  Do you get something like this in the UK?

What do you when he wakes?  I am not a nightwaking expert though.

One other thought, i have read other posts that have said once they dropped the dream feed the night waking stopped!   :shock: Shock i know, but it maybe something to think about.

Offline rhona

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How many hours naps for 7.5 month old?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 13:53:51 pm »
Hi Kelly

Jude sounds exactly like my son Nathan - he is 7.5 months old and it sounds like he follows exactly the same routine as Jude, the only difference is that Nathan goes down at about 8pm and usually sleeps until about 6 - 6.30am, on average he would wake up crying from about 2am onwards 3 or 4 nights a week

As you described with Jude, Nathan is a very good eater and is still on 5 bottles and 3 solids a day, however over the past week or so he has started to leave about 3 ounces in his 7am bottle and sometimes his 3pm bottle so I have decided to start phasing out the dream feed - I am terrified that this will result in him waking more during the night or waking earlier in the morning but it has to be done at some stage!! 

He has been teething badly since Christmas but still no teeth!!  I am sure this is disturbing his sleep and we have started breaking the golden rule and taking him into the bed if we can't settle him after about 30 mins - this has been working well as he settles well in the bed but he is still happy on other nights to settle back into his cot.  I totally agree with you that the middle of the night wakings are a total killer - I wonder if phasing out the dream feed with have a positive effect, I will keep you updated

Rhona