Author Topic: Spit up?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Spit up?
« on: August 17, 2005, 19:54:57 pm »
Caeden has just started spitting up more after feeding. Anywhere to immediately after sitting up and burping to 20-30 minutes later. I have been trying to keep him more upright for 20-30 minutes after eating but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Is this normal? He is almost 10 weeks old and EBF.
Thanks
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline amheusser

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
Spit up?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 22:14:11 pm »
Both my girls have been champion spitters (both volume and distance  :roll:  ).  If he's otherwise happy, don't worry about it, but if he seems uncomfortable you might talk to your doctor about reflux.  I've been told it goes away around 6 months, and that was the case with Katie, but Rachel is still spitting (though not nearly as much) at 9 months.
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Spit up?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 00:52:07 am »
A lot of babies spit up - he might just be eating a bit too fast! Do you burp him half way through the feed too? As long as his weight gain is good and he doesn't seem too upset by it, I wouldn't worry, but you might want to check the reflux board to see if anything fits for him.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Spit up?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:09:51 am »
If this is a recent "milestone"  :lol:  I would wager to say that it is him starting to wiggle and move a little more. (Instead of just laying or sitting there) My only other guess is that you have recently changed your diet in some way or are eating an overabundance of something? My lo spits up when I eat dairy.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies