Author Topic: Sorry, but this is outragous!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:51:10 am »
A few years ago, Germany has developed a hypoallergenic formula for all babies whose parents suffer from either asthma, eczema or hayfever. Every formula company (Hipp, Nestle, Milupa and so on) sells HA formula for affordable prices (in the UK there is only nutramigen and another one, sooo expensive and sometimes needs prescribed which the doc won't do without symptoms). You can always buy the normal Version (like Hipp Organic) or the Hypoallergenic Version (Like Hipp Organic HA). Not available in the UK because... THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT!!!

Anyway... for the first time EVER, the allergies in babies and toddlers in Germany are REDUCING to to the HA formula and the UK still won't sell it!

Normal formula is not the right stuff for babies prone to allergies, even if they don't have symptoms yet. Normal cow milk formula will be recognised as an enemy by the babies system and it will get asthma or eczema or allergies more likely than not. Soy is also no alternative, you can't even get that stuff in Germany as it is the biggest allergen ATM. It can cause again asthma and eczema, even years after the child is weaned off it.

Just OUTRAGEOUS!

s_olano00

Re: Sorry, but this is outragous!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 16:16:13 pm »
I feel your pain... I live in Hungary and give AnnaK Nestle's HA formula. Now I am visiting my family in El Salvador and I can only find 2 brands of HA formula and I have to pay 9.84USD per 750grs   >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline newmumto1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Sorry, but this is outragous!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 21:00:43 pm »
Shocking. Thanks for info.
newmumto1