Author Topic: 32 month old bedtime problems  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
32 month old bedtime problems
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:17:29 am »
our sweet 32 mo DS has been on and off his daytime nap but recently his bedtime is becoming a big problem.

he still takes a nap most days, sometimes that is a struggle. when he naps, it is from 3-4:15pm or so. Then bedtime is at 8:30pm. usually goes down easily, but last few days not so much. yesterday his nanny let him go without a nap and bedtime was 7:15pm and was a nightmare. Woke every 2-3 hours crying and yelling. ended having to sleep on the ground next to his bed. woke at 7am as usual. today, took a nap, but he is crying for me at bedtime every 10-15 minutes.

Seems he is about to transition to no naps, but when he does not take a nap, he is crazy even with a EBT... And when he does nap, he is so hard to put down at night.

Any ideas?

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 22:03:44 pm »
Hello Sweetie,

Sorry for the late reply. In the first instance I am posting some info on the 1-0 transition, which it is quite likely to be the start of. Post when you've had a look, and then hopefully we can come up with a plan from what you've understood.

(HUGS) x.

The 1-0 transition...Advice and Tips to help you through.

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 32 month old bedtime problems
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 19:24:55 pm »
Thank you- I think he is going through a "scared" phase... hopefully that ends. He still really needs a nap.

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 19:27:11 pm »
Thank you- I think he is going through a "scared" phase... hopefully that ends. He still really needs a nap.

Oh bless him. Well often they do still need the nap Hun, but things still go completely AWOL unless you start tweaking :( x.