Author Topic: 11 month old sleep issues  (Read 617 times)

Offline katieanne35

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 10, 2014, 18:20:18 pm »
So we succsussfully got our 11 month DD to sleep in her crib for naps (2x)  and at night after co-sleeping for 6 months! We started with PD and I would stay by her crib and not make very much contact and she would fall asleep pretty fast. Wake after 30 min…cry and scream so I would go in and do same thing and once again fall asleep. She usually naps for 45 min… At night now she keeps walking through out the night. We have 2 problems.
1.) When I put her in crib for naps even after a long A time (3.5-4.5 hours) she sits in there and plays and walks around in crib and if I leave freaks out and never calms down….I end up having to stay in room the entire time she naps or she wakes and sees I'm not there and has a fit. Sometimes she never even falls asleep after being in there for an hour so I say screw it and skip early nap.
2.) At night she falls straight to sleep (no playing or anything) but wakes about 30 min after going down, and then a couple times through out the night.

I am having a very hard time making a schedule…we have a routine (follow the same thing every day) but she wakes between (6am - 7:30) so then naps are then always at different times.. Bath time is always at 6:45 with going down for bed straight after.

Any advice..????  Is it time to switch from 2 -1?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 11 month old sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 20:16:21 pm »
Hi I would think your heading to 2-1 territory. Id say try and stick to a 12 hour day if your not getting good naps to combat OT.
Have you tried any walk in walk out technique yet!? SA can peak at this age so could be she needs a bit more reassurance but also developmental...is she walking??
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)
Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)
Zoe

Offline katieanne35

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 21:46:47 pm »
Thank you! Yes she is walking..nonstop and no longer crawls!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 11 month old sleep issues
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:46:59 am »
Could be the new skill causing disruption...mine was a non stop walker from 11 months too!! Keep us posted x
Zoe