Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44116 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2014, 15:23:24 pm »
Oh, we're doing a little rubbish here. Tried to do a set nap thing the last couple of days. Had a 45-mins nap for our supposed long nap, then a 30mins one (I woke), then playing around for over an hr at BT before going to sleep!! Today we got a 1.5hr nap, but she's in the middle of refusing her CN. Will have to go and get her now.

I don't think 40mins is OT here, but I have seen other posts where they thought it was. Can you do EBT tonight and she if he tacks on the missed sleep?

And I hate the logistics of naps and going out too! Totally with you there. Congrats on the two 1 nap days though xx

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2014, 18:00:58 pm »
She had three, one nap days but today she had two naps. I don't think she's quite there yet, unless she has a crazy late wu.

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2014, 18:20:07 pm »
My lo also messing about tonight Kelly, which is ridiculous as he only had 40 min nap which he woke from 3.5 hrs ago!! Really worried about OT setting in but ebt just never seems to work.

As he is a very happy baby for the most part I find it really hard to know if OT or UT. He seems UT tonight but how on earth is that possible after 2 short naps.
On our 1 nap days he went to bed like a dream with a huge 5.5 hr A till bed yest and even longer the day before with my husband, but then the day before he had a late half hour cat nap, woke at 5.10 and was stl asleep by 7.30????!!! I don't get it!!!!

Glad to here things going well for you Sarah.
Kelly you have my sympathy. Hate short naps!!!!! What A times are u at roughly?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2014, 18:49:08 pm »
I think with O messing about the other day it was because she had a longer cat nap than usual, because of the short 1st nap, hence the messing about before bed. UT/OT loop me thinks. It is strange he did that v short A before bed on that 30mins CN though and is messing about now  ::)

I know exactly what you mean... When we had that last 1 nap day, she showed absolutely no tired signs, was happy as larry, then decided to do that weird 1-hr NW. It was the next day she decided to be grumpy?! Who knows!

As she missed her CN today, she went down like a dream too. She did wake up at 12.50pm as I put her down early wanting a 2-nap day iykwim? BT was at 6.

Before we were doing wu 6.15, get up 6.30, s 11.20-1.20 ish, BT 6.15. I'm thinking I need to get her closer to 12 as she prefers a shorter A to bed. I can predict a 1.5hr nap if I put her down before 5hrs A,  after = 2hrs + sometimes. Hth xx

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2014, 20:17:53 pm »
Well we've been doing an am nap and then any sort of afternoon catnap as we've been out most afternoons as it's half term. My boys seem to meltdown after 4hrs a time but never really nap longer than 1hr 15mins. Their sleep cycle is 38mins! I know that from when they were little they always woke at that time. However today j barely slept this afternoon so will see what he does. He's been waking most nights around 12.30 and won't settle without a feed. H slept till 5.30 this morning though but I fed him and rocked him back to sleep till 6.30. His naps yesterday were two each of an hr.
LAURA xx

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2014, 00:39:10 am »
So, I'm just starting my 2-1 journey.

My LO is 11 months and just started NW for three nights in a row...which is not like him! 

He gets up at 7am and goes down for first nap now at 11:45.  Even when I capped the second CN to 15 min was getting NW so... I've been not capping the morning nap now and letting him sleep as long as he wants... so far... so good and his first nap yesterday was almost 3 hours! 

Today was grocery day... so two car naps... one 40 min and the other 50 min... EBT at 7:30 when he cooed for about 7 min and then was off to sleep.  EBT has not seemed to help us or him in the past so was nervous about putting him down early, but we'll see how the night goes...

With God all things are possible!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2014, 17:31:30 pm »
So glad you're on here Marcia, since we keep bumping into each other, makes sense it's on here!!

That 3hr nap is amazing!! You might be right what you said on another post about him not needing an EBT if he's getting so much more extra DT sleep. I just try and stick with a 12-hour day on one nap, compared to 13hrs+ on a two nap day. Guess it's just all trial and error I suppose. How did the night go with two naps?

Laura-  it's such a shame they won't nap just a little longer isn't it? And why won't they get in sync?! How did J do with the not-so-CN last night?

How's your LO doing gb18? Did you manage a one nap day today or has the crappy naps from yesterday caught up with him?

Well for us, last night O had a NW around 4am, but she was babbling so I went back to sleep, unsure how long she was awake. She made it to 11.15am with a 6.10am wu. Not too sure what time she woke up as I was gardening, but it think she definitely made it over the 2hr mark, yay! Super happy again today. Based on last week, I'm expecting a very grumpy girl tomorrow but we'll see. BT was at 6.10pm. Really don't think she could've made it any longer. I need to push that first A, but I might try and hold the 11.15am tomorrow if she's not too miserable.

Onwards and upwards.... Xx
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 17:35:47 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2014, 19:02:51 pm »
Well, only one three hour nap a few days ago... two naps in the car yesterday, one 40 min the other 50 min.  Two NW last night.  Tried for EBT last night but it just seems to back bite us for some reason?  Wondering if another tooth is trying to spit.  Will try for a short and early CN today in the car... since our morning nap was only 1.5 hours...
With God all things are possible!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2014, 21:02:32 pm »
J slept 'better' woke briefly at midnight but back to sleep till 3am. He was asleep at 6.20pm. But then woke for the day at 5am. H did 7ish till 5am and also awake for the day. They had an a time of 5hrs and still only slept 1hr 15. They fell asleep in car on way home from Tesco. I transferred them and they had 40mins. Went out after to get some bits for ds1 and they had another 20mins around 5pm! H was asleep just after 7pm and j about 7.20. Tonight will either be good or bad!

Kelly sounds like things are working out?

Marcia welcome. 3hr nap. Wow. My boys have done this previously but I haven't seen it for ages.
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2014, 06:30:31 am »
That's absolutely crazy that they'll only nap that long on 5hrs A Laura! You'd like they'd be shattered enough to sleep longer?!

It's great they will go to sleep at that time for bed after that late CN. O would be playing around for an hr or so before going to sleep (we had that the other week!)

I don't want to jinx it, but day 3 she's woken up happy! Great night last night too. 12hrs sleep! One brief NW at 10pm ish but that's not unusual on two naps never mind one!

For us Marcia, when we had that 1.5hr nap I thought she was ready for an increase in A, but turned out the next day she was OT and had to go back for that early nap at 8am ish?! Hope that's not the case for you. But she did have good naps that day and was ready to go back to one the next day if that helps? Did you manage to get a CN in? Xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2014, 09:55:55 am »
Yay Kelly!

We had strange night! J woke briefly at 11.30 but slept till 4.50 but took an hr to settle for another 30mins. H slept till 4 took 40mins to settle went back to sleep till 6.15ish. I think I'm going to have to stick with two naps for a bit longer. I didn't make them do 5hrs this morning. They seem to do that length of nap with an a of 3.5 upwards. Not sure if they just need more stimulation?

Hoping in the next couple of wks we can get to one nap maybe.
LAURA xx

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2014, 10:54:04 am »
Do you think they'll sleep better once they start crawling?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2014, 13:12:55 pm »
Damn and blast. Out at the hairdressers and left O nicely down for her nap. Now hear she's only had 45mins as the phone rang! I'm so annoyed. 2 nap day for us then (hopefully). Problem is she can do a full A on 45mins so will still have to cap that 2nd nap. I've given DH strict instructions when to put her down but I'm guaranteeing it's all going to go very wrong today  >:(

Tbh she didn't seem as tired as she usually was at the 5hrs 15mins mark. Does anyone think I should try and bump that up a little tomorrow or leave as is considering she'll have rubbish sleep today? TIA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2014, 14:09:34 pm »
If she sleeps 12hrs again then I would.

Sarah - maybe? Ds1 was always a rubbish napper...
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2014, 15:10:04 pm »
And she's refused her second nap!! What time for BT do we think? 5.45pm? Just when I thought it was going oh so well  ::)