Author Topic: what comes after the beginner sippy cup?  (Read 788 times)

Offline katemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« on: October 30, 2007, 15:59:33 pm »
Hi,

My lo is doing great on her stage 1 Playtex sippy with handles, but she has been throwing it for awhile now and I'm wondering if graduating her to the next thing (whatever that may be) might help it to not be such a throwable thing.  She's 11.5 months old, so she'll probably throw anything, but I do think the handles are easy for her to dangle and toss the cup.  Should I move to a cup without handles, or with a straw, or start with a regular cup?  She likes taking sips from my big cup, but spills a lot.  I'm still in the middle of dropping bottles, I have 2 left to go, so maybe I should tackle that first, but I thought I'd see what any of you recommend...

thanks!

katemom

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: what comes after the beginner sippy cup?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 16:14:22 pm »
having no handles means she will probably have to hold her cup with both hands and work out a whole new way to throw it  :)
i don't think you have to do things just one way... maybe in the morning while she is still in jammies she could try an open cup and spill til her heart's content
be flexible, try lots of things, that way she can get on no matter what you give her or no matter where you go!