Author Topic: 4 mo strange new habit at night  (Read 724 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
4 mo strange new habit at night
« on: November 03, 2014, 19:04:48 pm »
We are going on week 3 of this weird behavior. I Df ds around 930 or 10 and firstly he doesn't seem to settle well after this feed which I'm not sure why..sometimes I consider skipping it to see if he lasts longer bc he seems to be sleeping so soundly before I df him but he always wakes on his own around the time I should have df him. Anyways, once he does settle he will sleep n until 12 or 1230 (he's still at 2.5 hrs in between deeds with a rare 3 or 4 hr stretch) but after that midnight feed he is up every hour on the hour until his 530 feed. The strange behavior is that when I go to lay him down from hid midnight feed he will be dead asleep but ad soon as he is down he immediately kicks hus feet up and brings them to his mouth...but he still looks to be asleep. I've tried leaving it but it eventually wakes him up. I still will feed him every 2 or 3 hrs depending on when I finally get him settled and when he wakes up but it's hard to keep track of time bc it's all running together. The only time he seems to really settle is when I bring him in bed next to me and he falls asleep holding my hand or with his hand on my face. I've been letting him sleep the last few hrs in bed with us bc I'm exhausted by then but, as sweet as it is I'm not comfortable with him in bed with us while he's still small. He's not fussy when all of this is happening until he can't get his socks off to get to his toes lol.

[/url]

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 4 mo strange new habit at night
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:09 am »
Could it be a developmental leap? He discovered his feet and is excited about it? Or could it be that he is hungry when he wakes up every hour at night? If he feeds at midnight could you try feeding his at say 2:30 and see if he goes back to sleep in his cot?

Could you post your EASY? I can have a look if there is something apparent in his routine that might cause his NW.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 13:34:38 pm »
I'm wondering if it is a leap bc he did just find his toes and is absolutely obsessed....He voices his irritation when he can't get them lol!! This is a rough easy...The past few weeks have (obviously) been wonky

A 645
E 730
A 645-830
S 830-910

E 930
A 930 - 11 10
S1110 - 11 10

E 12
A1150-110
S 110-200

E 200
A 2-4
s 410-430

E 430
This is where he clusters and we do bath/boob/bed at 7. Inwill dream feed around 930 and then all bets are off for what the night will look like .He has been stretching his A times during the day to a solid 2 hrs but I've noticed when I let him go that long he is tougher to settle so I'm wondering if he's OT?? His adjusted age puts him at 3.5 months. He seems to sleep best after his early morning feed. Today it was 530 (or maybe 430...I can't remember) and he's still asleep at 730. Either way..2 or 3 hrs is more than he does normally.

[/url]

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 14:30:26 pm »
2h at this age would be on the high side. My DS was always high with his A times and I don't think he did that much at this age... Would you consider trying to pull them back for just a couple of days to see if it helps?
Other than that I don't see anything else in your EASY that can be the cause... so maybe it is developmental. Or there is always the possibility that he is going through his 4m GS, but you would know if it's hunger.

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 14:56:30 pm »
Yeah 2 hrs did seem high for him bc he seemed fussy with getting put down after that...yesterday and today I tried to cap his A times...This morning he was technically up for 2 hrs but I got him ready and relaxed foe his nap at 1.5 hrs and he settled easily. Last hight was much better. I put a pillow under the head of his mattress to prop him up a bit. I really think he just likes to feel cuddled so I'm considering getting him a new mattress. The one he has was dd and she slept in it for 3 yrs so it may be time to switch it anyways.

[/url]

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 15:30:53 pm »
I always counted A times from the time DS was up till I put him in his cot. Sometimes it took no time to fall asleep and sometimes it took ages, but counting till I meant for him to sleep and not till he was actually asleep allowed me to calculate the A times better. That's what worked for.
It sounds like you are on the right track and I am very glad you had a better night.

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 02:05:01 am »
Thanks for taking a look...me and dh were grateful for a.better night as well!!

[/url]