Author Topic: frustrated with eating...  (Read 3315 times)

Offline fleadle

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 03:16:15 am »
I have a fave recipe for my 2 LO's & they seem to love it (But won't eat many veggies).

Jacket potato (I do it in the microwave for speed) scoop all the potato out.

Mix with can of chopped tomatoes & add cooked (in microwave again) frozen sweetcorn & peas, mash all together then sprinkle grated cheese on top. DD eats hers with a fork & I feed DS his too.

It's my quickie meal when I am late cooking dinner & they have hungry tummies. I think they like it because it is sweet & doesn't have the texture of "vegetables" really.

There was also a slowcooker recipie I found & did last night, it was really sweet but full of veg, I made it for the whole family but mushed it up for the LO's with potato.

Sometimes I think it is more the texture of things my lo's don't like not the flavour.

Autumn Porkchops (I used pork pieces)

This recipe is a bit different, as you don't measure your ingredients as much as you prepare for the number of people to enjoy it! Add or subtract amounts to fit your family size and tastes.
1 or 2 pork chops per person
1 small raw sweet potato (or yam) per person
1 apple per person - your favorite kind (we enjoy Rome or Yellow Delicious)
1/2 white or yellow onion per person (or more if your family loves cooked onions)
Salt and pepper
Cinnamon
Brown Sugar - Optional
Apple juice or cider
Clean onions and slice - place in bottom of crockpot.
Clean potatoes well and slice into thick slices. Place on top of onions. Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar and salt if desired.
Rinse pork chops with clear running water, trim off any large pieces of fat and place in crockpot over onions, salt and pepper as you see fit. Peel and slice apples (or leave the skins on if your family doesn't fuss). Place over pork chops. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar if desired.
Pour in apple juice or cider to cover 1/3 of the mixture. Set crockpot on high for 2 hours, then set to low to finish - will take a good 3 hours or more, depending on how full the pot is. (You may need to experiment with your crockpot size and fullness). Of course, just like any other crockpot meal, it can sit on low after it's finished without harm. Serve to plates right from the crockpot.

]/#]]#]
]
P{

/

hmm last section of text added by DS clambering onto the PC! ::) ::)

Will stop wittering on, good luck & keep trying

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: frustrated with eating...
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 11:54:13 am »
I guess my problem is a little different in the fact that my DD hardly eats anything! However there are a few things that have helped get stuff down her, one is a munchkin snack bowl, it is a bowl with a lid that she can put her hand in and take snacks out so she can watch BE or be playing with her toys whilst eating some chopped fruit or dried fruit, I don't know why but she will always eat from this bowl! Another is to go out and eat, not necessarily a restaurant but we will go and sit outside a cafe or on a bench by the beach and she will always eat for some reason and lastly she will eat if we have visitors or a playdate, she always wants what everyone else is eating  ::)

BTW is my DD the only kid that doesn't want any carbs but pasta? She now just eats toppings off brad, toast, crackers or rice cakes!
Katt

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 00:29:59 am »
mmm those recipes sound delish and I'll definitely have to try them.
thanks for the suggestions.