Author Topic: Exhausted mummy and baby update ...  (Read 931 times)

Offline Shanders

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:35:16 am »
It's working ... On advice from this forum I started to put Josh onto a 4 hour EASY (he was on 3 hours but didn't seem to be eating much at each feed).  I've moved to my parents in law for a few days as we are having work done on the house and it was really  noisy - I know we'll have to ge used to noise but while I'm trying to get him into a routine we thought it best.  I went cold turkey with the 4 hours and now he has a good feed instead of snacking.  He has got a cold which may have put him off his feed a bit but he seems to be getting better.

Anyhoo, Dad is currently upstairs with Josh shushing and patting because he woke after 30 mins sleep but it's all quiet so I'm assuming its working !!!

One of my mistakes was to let Josh sleep after just an hour after waking, so he would wake at 7:00 have a feed and then want sleep at 8:00.  I now take him for a walk in a papoose and play lots with him to keep him awake until 9:00, then start to wind down I then put him into his cot and read to him and then start the shush pat.  It has been really hard work and his crying was getting to me and on occasions I thought "let's just put him in his pram and rock him" but I (and dad) kept at it and it seems to be working.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone to posted replies and I'll keep you updated on progress.

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: Exhausted mummy and baby update ...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:53:47 am »
So happy for u! Sounds as tho u r doing a brilliant job! keep up the good work!
 :)