Author Topic: Early wakings for over a year....second baby due any time  (Read 897 times)

Offline aga01

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My sweet pea
Early wakings for over a year....second baby due any time
« on: July 09, 2010, 00:14:40 am »
My 2 year old son has been waking up early - anytime between 5-5:30 - for over a year. I tried everthing but all methods lasted for a short time and we were back to 5ish. I'm due with the second baby anytime.
I called sleeping doula today and she recommended white noice machine technique. She said it will take around 3 morning and it should work. Of course cryig will be involved. Has anyone heard about it? Please let me know.

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
Re: Early wakings for over a year....second baby due any time
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 00:45:21 am »
we use white noise, doesnt make any difference for us, does for some babies, but the whole crying thing.... no, if white noise was working then the crying wouldnt be there. you need to respond to the crying the same as you would if there was no white noise.

I think shes talking about CIO or CC, which as you know, we dont support :)

perhaps you could put your routine up for others to have a look at?

Offline aga01

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My sweet pea
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:08:54 am »
Thank you.
1) He wakes up at around 5:30. I go to his room and stay with him until around 6 am. He cries for few min. but than lies down
After 30 min. he gets up again so my husband takes him to our bedroom with milk. Sometimes he falls aleep for 40 min while drinking milk. So this takes us to 7 am.

2) His naptime is at 12 pm for 1-1.5hr

3) We start his bedtime routine after 7 pm with him being asleep anywhere from 8 - 8:30 pm

Offline momtonb&ab

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 234
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:06:44 am »
i am guessing your early waking is from OT.   could you try an earlier bedtime routine, say having him asleep closer to 7pm?  i think (provided this isn't related to molars coming in or sickness) that you will see that the closer you get to 7pm-7am or some other chunk of 12 hours in the night that things will get better.  is 1.5 hours the longest he will do?  could you try a slightly later nap (say 12:30) to see if he will sleep a bit longer in the day too?   might be that he is undertired at noon....although if he is waking at 5:30 am that is a long A time until noon.

i also agree with Jo that it sounds like your doula may be recommending letting him cry which really isn't much going to help (and totally isn't advocated here anyway :) )....

Offline aga01

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My sweet pea
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:17:44 am »
I tried puting him at 7 pm but it didn't help - even worse as he was waking earlier. Tried later naps as well but no change. Sometimes he sleeps longer like today 2.5 hours. So he fell asleep at 8:30 pm.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:28:08 am by aga01 »