Author Topic: Am I doing this right or am I completely wrong?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline RosieMum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Mum to Rosie - Spirited/Angel Live in UK
    • Families Forum
Am I doing this right or am I completely wrong?
« on: February 05, 2006, 16:45:25 pm »
Hello :) My LO is a love. She's 8 and a half months old and (when she's not ill) she will sleep thru about 5 nights of the week 7-7. The other 2 nights she'll need a little settling but not feeding (at the moment she's recovering from 2 nasty bugs, so we've been giving her a little milk at night to help keep her nutrition up - lots of throwing up). I've recently gone back to work and while I'm there (for most of the time) she's at the child minders. While she's there her routine is completely thrown: sometimes she'll nap, sometimes she won't and when she does it's often in a pushchair/the CM's arms or on the floor. For the 4 days of the week that I don't work, she has a strong routine and likes that routine. Only thing is (and I promise I'll soon get to the point :)) when she naps at home I cuddle her to sleep. At night she goes down awake but if I tried to do that at nap times, she's walking around the cot and won't lie down to sleep... at all! At bedtime she sleeps in a grobag and she's very tired so she doesn't try to get up, she just talks to herself until she falls asleep, but naptime is cuddle time. Am I doing the wrong thing by cuddling her to sleep during the day or is it a case of, if it doesn't inconvenience me and if it's working, keep it that way? Thanks loads xx
Come and visit us at Families Forum

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Am I doing this right or am I completely wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 19:51:30 pm »
Am I doing the wrong thing by cuddling her to sleep during the day or is it a case of, if it doesn't inconvenience me and if it's working, keep it that way? Thanks loads xx

IMHO... both.  if it truly doesn't bug you, then go with it.  but i imagine she's getting rather heavy, and she won't start getting lighter anytime soon.  do you want to do this with a toddler?  what about when there's a second baby?

if you still don't mind, then again, i say go with it.  she might eventually grow out of it...  but if you want to teach her some new habits, i'd check out the sleep interview in this board, and read lots of tips from the pu/pd board.

my 2 cents.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy