Author Topic: Wake to Sleep question  (Read 1053 times)

Offline leahbeth

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Spirited Emma
Wake to Sleep question
« on: March 30, 2006, 16:32:31 pm »
I've been trying wake to sleep with my 4 month old as she always has 30-40 min naps and I'm going crazy!!. I've been watching her sleep cycle for the past 7 days on EASY. She begins to stir at 30 min and continues for the next 15. She will wake sometime in those 15 min. So after reading the posts on wake to sleep, I've gone in after 25 min. , gently stroked her cheek until she stirred and then continued to hold her arms down gently for the next 20 minutes. During these 20 min. she has a good 3-4 jolts but doesn't open her eyes as she had been before wake to sleep. My question is, if I stay for 20 minutes, will she need me to do wake to sleep in another 10 minutes as her sleep cycles are 30 minutes long? Or does her sleep cycle begin after these 20 minutes? I don't know how long to stay in there holding down her arms??? ??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Offline leahbeth

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Spirited Emma
Re: Wake to Sleep question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 00:58:17 am »
Thanks for replying Stacy! Every nap is a new adventure, I can't wait until we get the hang of things around here!!!

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:49:03 am »
I was going to post the same question! Glad I read urs first, I have just done wake to sleep for the first time with my lo and was confused as to how long to stay and how long it takes for him to slip into the next sleep cycle??

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 18:45:45 pm »
it was a total success! I actually just hung around his room while he napped and made sure i was by his bed at the 25min mark! I then put my hand on his chest and rocked his crib very gently, when he started to stir i popped him paci back in and placed my hand on his chest. I did have to stay for 20mins like as i could hear his breathing was faster. To be honest i wasnt that sure that i was doing this right but he slept the original 30mis, 20mins with my help then another 40mins after that! He was a very happy boy when he woke up! So ur suggestion is that if i do this for a few naps he will naturally ne able to soothe himself into the next stage of sleep? Will he not just get dependent on my being there and the paci being put back in?

I tell u today really did give me aboost to my confidence! Thanx guys

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 19:05:02 pm »
I will sit tight and then let u kno how we get on! Am very excited, hope this works as would love some ME time.... :D