Author Topic: Need some help getting started 5 mo old.  (Read 659 times)

Offline mommalovesherboys!

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 10, 2006, 18:07:17 pm »
This is my first time posting and I'm SURE this has been asked before but I need some help. I have two children (both boys) 16 months and 5 months. My fiirst was an "angel baby" I had no issues with sleep or eating habits, but number two is so different. my 5 month old is bottle fed he has cereal in his bottle to thicken it due to severe reflux (he is also on Zantac) he has 4 bottles a day (each is 6oz we are working up to 7 at some feedings). He sleeps though the night in his crib, we put him down at 8 p.m. (we have NO issues getting him to sleep at night) he wakes at about 7 plays in his crib until about 8 at that time we get him and his brother up and feed them. His feeds are at (roughly) 8 a.m., noon, 4 p.m., 8 p.m. We use white noise to help him sleep at night and at nap times. Nap time is a struggle for us the baby will cry and fuss until he is asleep this can last for an hour. I stay with him as I hate to leave him alone to cry. once I pick him up he stops but as soon as he is put down he starts up again. his naps are very short if he naps at all I'm just worn out. I chase around a toddler and deal with a fussy baby all day and I need to re-evauluate what I'm doing wrong. I do have the baby whispherer book but I have little to no time to read it and find the soultion that works for me! please help

Erin

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Need some help getting started 5 mo old.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 19:00:22 pm »
How long is he currently awake before you try to put him down for naps? Perhaps it is too little time (making him undertired) or too much (making him overtired)? Either way would lead to nap struggles.

I know you must be VERY busy but you should try to even skim the book one night if you have a chance!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01